ADVERTISEMENT

Some odds and ends from the last day or so...

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
I've stated on here in the past that I know Scott Jennings, the alleged Matt Jones mole. I don't know him well, but have shared a beer or two with him in the past on more than a few occasions. Regarding his lawsuit against R&R, he desires no monetary damages. He wants a full show or perhaps a very long segment from R&R retracting their previous comments about him. SJ and RunSwitch did field some calls from clients wanting to know what's up, but all in all, they had no major fall out. His family received some rather nasty phone calls, however. That, you would guess, pissed him off. He's kind of on a scorched earth war path right now. SJ has received some calls from local sports media types vouching for Rutherford, saying he's a good guy and might want to perhaps lay off a bit. But, regarding Ramsey, to go hard at him. I have a guess, but not exactly sure why Ramsey is not well received by his counterparts. SJ also claims he was in New Hampshire campaigning for Bush when the alleged leak occurred, the day UofL announced a post season ban. The SJ crowd believes the actual leak and subsequent set up of SJ and RunSwitch came from the firm RunSwitch replaced for the UofL account. Leadership of the former PR firm just also happens to remain tight with certain dissenting BOT members, as I understand it.

Moving on.

President Ramsey believes he has no stronger advocate than Governor Bevin. When Bevin announced the cuts to higher ed., Ramsey was the only state university president to personally call Bevin to say he supports his decision.

President Ramsey will not under any circumstance resign or walk away or be forced out while there is a cloud or clouds over the university. He wants to see everything through.

I've had a lot of regret in my life, but none greater than being unable to reel in what had to have been a 28 inch Snook in Charlotte Harbor over Spring Break. It was a courageous effort, an intense 2 minute battle. Then, just like Jaws against Quint, he went under the boat. Snapped my line. I could feel the disappointment from my fishing guide. Yuengling quickly stepped in and all was right in the world. Oh, and don't eat salt water cat fish. Just don't do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News