ADVERTISEMENT

So far this college playoff has been good, no more mythical champ

BrewCrewCard

One-Star Poster
Oct 12, 2013
Overall i think it needs to be expanded but at least you have a more true champ then past years. Under the old system Ohio st. would not be here, Alabama would play one game and be champs what a joke. Too bad we have not had this all along it sure would have weeded out a lot of so called champions. It's done its job this year.

It's going to be fun watching this play out over the next few years. The good ole boy SEC will no longer have the advantage of getting half their teams ranked in the top 10 of the preseason poll like yesteryear. Well the media will still do it in their polls but it doesn't matter any more. You will see a push sooner than later by the SEC to go to 8 teams to push their agenda.

The previous system reminds me of when the NCAA bball tourney was UK and 7 teams names Harry.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Nope. Still has its flaws. TCU has every right to say they should have been there instead of FSU and maybe OSU, but OSU is from the Big 10......

I think the people that kept moving FSU down were justified but because they were undefeated, they got a pass.

Originally posted by nccardfan:

Nope. Still has its flaws. TCU has every right to say they should have been there instead of FSU and maybe OSU, but OSU is from the Big 10......

I think the people that kept moving FSU down were justified but because they were undefeated, they got a pass.
It's not a pass if you're undefeated. And a conference champion. And defending national champs.

They ultimately paid the price for being so inconsistent. That was one hell of a meltdown.

So long as committees pick the playoff participants with opinions, it is still a mythical NC.

TDK - defending national champions should have absolutely nothing to do with being in the playoff and also what you are saying is if Marshall had beaten WKU and gone undefeated in Conference USA, they should have been in the playoffs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT