ADVERTISEMENT

Small Ball an answer???

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
Probably nothing going to help us but with the 5s playing so poorly maybe it would be to our best interest to move Trez to C and just run 4 guards and see if we can create mismatches.

We just cannot score in the half court.

Grasping for straws LOL

Still love these guys. All of em!

Sounds about what Crean is doing at IU but with one big difference - he has shooters!

Yep,let it fly.Run and gun.Why not?I'd like to see coach adjust to give this group a chance.Kinda like early uk.

Early UK lost to Kansas 150-95. That doesn't sound like much fun either!

I was wanted to see Trez at the 5 and Jaylen at the 4
back in December. Rotate Chinanu with Jaylen.

Originally posted by KerryRhodes:
Not going to happen. Onuaku has poor lateral foot speed so he would get burned off the dribble if he were to play the 4. Hell, he gets burned playing the 5 because of his poor lateral movement.

I haven't seen enough of Johnson to know if he's got any kind of lateral foot speed or not. He's only played 87 minutes total on the season.

Originally posted by Cue Card:
Not going to happen. Onuaku has poor lateral foot speed so he would get burned off the dribble if he were to play the 4. Hell, he gets burned playing the 5 because of his poor lateral movement.

I haven't seen enough of Johnson to know if he's got any kind of lateral foot speed or not. He's only played 87 minutes total on the season.
Work with me Cue.

Chinanu would take Trez place while he went back to the 4.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

Work with me Cue.

Chinanu would take Trez place while he went back to the 4.
Got it. I misunderstood your post. My apologies. Yeah I would be good with that. The one thing I'm confident in is we can't just stay on this course. Pitino will need to make some adjustments going forward or this season is all but over.

I would have thought CRP would have made some adjustment when every guy we put in at the 5 was getting beat or fouling off the dribble. I think in hindsight we should have played a more conventional zone like Syracuse and stop switching off. Brey knows what CRP wants to do and so whoever our bigs switched on, they drove to the basket and got fouled or if other guys collapse, they kicked it to the wing for an open 3. I am not sure if our asst coaches are game managers like Little Richard, but I think he would have recognize it and CRP would have made some adjustment.

Originally posted by ShortCreek:
Early UK lost to Kansas 150-95. That doesn't sound like much fun either!
They also went to a Final Four with 1 stud and 4 role players playing that style.You got a better idea,I'm all eyes.

UofL loses because of the Big3, I can't believe how poorly they play. What did UofL see in them to recruit them? You need more than just height to play division 1 ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT