ADVERTISEMENT

Siva: "I probably would've transferred after my freshman year..."

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Siva says his thoughts on if the transfer portal were like it is now back in his freshman year.

College basketball is well past its prime and getting farther past it every year..

In today’s world Pitino loses most of his freshman after year one. If they couldn’t defend they didn’t play. Siva and Smith both transfer.

It is a significant shift for coaches that are strict disciplinary style of coaching. They have to get older guys that are mature enough to take a scolding and still learn. Freshman are showing they aren’t mentally tough enough to deal with tough coaching and the failure that comes with being a freshman.

I don’t mind the immediate transfer rule but that should be it. The next time comes with either a denial or 1 year sit out which how it was originally structured. For example Matt Cross and Noah Locke should have had to sit out a year. They used up their transfer coming to Louisville. It think it would slow down the immediate transfer and completely stop the 2nd transfer.

In today’s world Pitino loses most of his freshman after year one. If they couldn’t defend they didn’t play. Siva and Smith both transfer.

It is a significant shift for coaches that are strict disciplinary style of coaching. They have to get older guys that are mature enough to take a scolding and still learn. Freshman are showing they aren’t mentally tough enough to deal with tough coaching and the failure that comes with being a freshman.

I don’t mind the immediate transfer rule but that should be it. The next time comes with either a denial or 1 year sit out which how it was originally structured. For example Matt Cross and Noah Locke should have had to sit out a year. They used up their transfer coming to Louisville. It think it would slow down the immediate transfer and completely stop the 2nd transfer.
Agree 100%. Only one time should they be allowed to transfer and play immediately.

maybe what schools should be selling now is bonuses for how many years you stay and play. don't limit the number of times you can transfer but reward those kids who stay. why punish a kid if he doesn't fit in? you know how hard it is to leave home and go to a school and then leave that school to go to another school and then leave that school to to to another? that's punishment enough and making them sit out another year is just punishing them more because you didn't like that they left your school.

that's a selfish answer in my opinion to restrict the freedoms of a person and where they can go or stay. remember the word freedom here, making them sit our a year is not freedom and thus not amercian. you should have the right to choose, you sign one year scholarship orffers with school and you can leave if you want. what if you had a job and someone said you can't work for a year if you transfer to another company?

maybe NIL is set up this way. the reality is there are more than just one factor for a kid wanting to transfer and before this came about kids were stuck for four years in a system they may not have liked or thrived in. always remember 18 year old kids are pretty much clueless. what they think is best for them in most cases may not actually be. and while some can handle it and thrive one size does not fit all.

Reactions: SoulSr
I am a free will guy as well. I think a NIL cap is what needs to happen. The NCAA could cap how much a school can offer in NIL money. If a school wants to spend 90 percent of their cap on 1 player so be it. That way individual players aren’t capped.

I know there will be those that go around that system, but hammer the coaches whose program does that.

I am a free will guy as well. I think a NIL cap is what needs to happen. The NCAA could cap how much a school can offer in NIL money. If a school wants to spend 90 percent of their cap on 1 player so be it. That way individual players aren’t capped.

I know there will be those that go around that system, but hammer the coaches whose program does that.
Great - just what’s needed. Another excuse for the ncaa to unfairly scrutinize and penalize programs.

Just let them die the death they so richly deserve.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT