ADVERTISEMENT

Since no Pitt . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
I’d love to see a Tues/We’d series against almost anyone. Just to keep our skills sharp.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: earsky
I’d love to see a Tues/We’d series against almost anyone. Just to keep our skills sharp.

GO CARDS!!!
Per Louisville Baseball's Twitter acct., they are still searching for a weekend series. Obviously, no game today, but I suppose they can get three in Saturday and Sunday, though, tomorrow does look pretty wet.

Reactions: gocds
Been trying to find the answer to this Q: Did ACC limit teams to 14 non-conf + 36 conf OR did they limit teams to 50 games? If the latter, we could theoretically replace the 3 Pitt games w/ non-conf midweek games. If, however, 14 non-conf is a hard cap, we could only add if Pitt (up to 3), ND (1 game) or some other ACC team wanted to play midweek before end of season.

Been trying to find the answer to this Q: Did ACC limit teams to 14 non-conf + 36 conf OR did they limit teams to 50 games? If the latter, we could theoretically replace the 3 Pitt games w/ non-conf midweek games. If, however, 14 non-conf is a hard cap, we could only add if Pitt (up to 3), ND (1 game) or some other ACC team wanted to play midweek before end of season.
Makes sense to me.

GO CARDS!!!

Right now, our eyes should be on the ND series at BC this weekend. Last night BC beat the Irish 10-1, and if the Eagles can win either Saturday or Sunday, it will preserve UL‘s slim lead in the ACC by percentage.

I maintain that regardless of what else happens, if UL wins the ACC regular season, it will be difficult to keep us out of a Regional Host position, as the ACC, next to the SEC commands that much respect.

I think a Regional hist is a given. Top 8...losing the Pitt series hurts as that could have really bumped up the RPI. I think the Cards have to win their region and then hope for an upset to host a Super.

Reactions: Deeva
Bardman:

There was a time when I would agree about this UL team being a “given” to host a Regional, and even a solid chance at a Super. However, after the basketball team being slighted out of this year’s tournament .........I am not sure UL can take anything for granted.

Bardman:

There was a time when I would agree about this UL team being a “given” to host a Regional, and even a solid chance at a Super. However, after the basketball team being slighted out of this year’s tournament .........I am not sure UL can take anything for granted.
Yeah getting the shaft again wouldn’t surprise me as the NCAA always seems to show off it’s narrow mindness.. But they have to remember that no one does a better job of hosting than we do. All we have to do between now and then is to take care of business and let the chips fall where they do.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Bardman and Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT