ADVERTISEMENT

Shook, Jones projected for third round in WNBA Draft.

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
The WNBA Draft will take place on April 17th. The actual season start date is still under speculation -- moved from the May 15th projected start date -- earlier this week.

Louisville seniors Kylee Shook and Jazmine Jones are projected to go in the third round by ESPN's Mechelle Voeple.

Kylee Shook is projected at #27 and could be selected to the New York Liberty. If that happens, she would be reunited with Asia Durr and also be in training camp with the Liberty's #1 projected pick Sabrina Ionescu. The Liberty have the first overall pick.

It's all contingent, of course, on trades, deals and the like, The Liberty has front line players Tina Charles, Reshanda Gray, Kiah Stokes, Han Xu and Amanda Zahui B currently on roster. Their projected draft picks are Ionescu and Mikiah Herbert Harrigan, a power forward from South Carolina, in the second round.

Jazmine Jones is projected at #35 and headed to the Connecticut Sun. The Sun does not have a first round pick and it is projected Oregon shooting guard Mikayla Pivec will be the Sun's second round pick. Currently the Sun has guards Dewanna Bonner, Briann January, Bria Holmes, Natisha Hiedeman and Jacki Gemelos on the roster.

It's interesting that the Dallas Wings have (4) first round picks and (2) second round picks.

Last year, Louisville WBB stars Arica Carter and Sam Fuehring were third round picks.

We'll see....I think Jaz deserves to go higher, but -- naturally -- I'm biased.

I also wonder what a back court of Durr and Ionescu might look like.

--sonja--

Sonja, I know AC spent some time with Phoenix and then got released. Didn’t she land with another team and do you expect her in a camp?

If the WNBA drafts like the NBA then Kylee and Jazz should both go higher based on potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT