ADVERTISEMENT

Selection show discussion thread

Man, have you seen the blowback regarding NC St being left out of the tournament? They are taking a lot of crap - basically letting Ole Miss in v NC St. The biggest rocket launched was from FSU’s coach who basically said that it sure does help when you have conference representatives on the selection committee. It appears the ACC was not represented- which is odd.
I just don’t see how with all the teams in play, it comes down to one team over another. But I did hear the selection committee spokesman say it was between Ole Miss and NC State.

Reactions: Bardman
Poland starts on SAT regardless. If it's the 1-0 v 1-0 game, that's huge. Dan always talks about that game in a Regional and did so yesterday in his presser. Win and you only have to win 1 more game (of 2 possible). Lose and you have to win 3 more games (including 2 on SUN). It's just a huge pivot point.
I'm good with Poland on Saturday. We need to be 1-0 and that's what concerns me. I think Kuehner has gotten past whatever issues he had before and he is pitching probably as well as anybody.
If we get behind Friday early,it won't matter who pitches later in the game and we risk getting into the loser's bracket and right behind the 8 ball.
I'll trust that Mac will make the right decision.

Tickets are loaded FYI. At the moment the option to load them into my virtual wallet is not available.

This team missed Knap from the lineup a lot more than most recognized. As I understood, at one point in this regular season, Knap was either first or second in the entire country for his on-base percentage, that statistic is huge. A walk for Knap was significant, as his threat to steal 2nd was a significant contribution to our offense.

A lot of focus has been on our poor pitching; but as for me, this Cardinal team must return to the level of hitting that we enjoyed in mid season when we were averaging 10.5 runs per game. This weekend will tell us a whole lot about what these kids are made of.

Reactions: Bardman
Mine are loaded now too.
Single game tickets just went on sale. When I clicked on the button, I was #2500 in the queue (good sign). When I got in, I looked at Session 1 and there are very few tickets available (good sign). Session 2 and Session 3 had more availability but still pretty well sold out in the middle 6 or 7 sections and those are probably people who bought the whole strip. I'd expect sellout for all UofL games and spotty actual attendance for the other games but pretty good announced #s (based on whole strip sales). Always good to show NCAA you can fill your place.

Anybody else notice that the button to resell tickets directly via Cards Mobile (Ticketmaster) is not available for these games? I assume that is a NCAA limitation.

If anyone knows someone that is looking for 2 Session 2 (MI v. OR) tickets, let me know as the wife and I will probably will skip that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT