ADVERTISEMENT

Season Observation

I don’t think he is gone. However I was told a week or so ago that El Ellis not coming back.
Why would Ellis even consider coming back? He has to have regrets choosing Louisville out of junior college. He's thinking how he's wasted two years of major college basketball, losing more than he probably has his whole life before coming here.

KP would have to bring in all American level transfers and McDonald's all Americans and that still might not be enough for him to stay. He's not ready for the draft so I see him going to a team like Michigan State and Texas.

I don’t think he is gone. However I was told a week or so ago that El Ellis not coming back.
I missed today’s game. But Ellis would have to be crazy returning unless there’s serious NIL money keeping him here.

He’s at least earned a shot with a better team which is obviously just about anywhere else…

I missed today’s game. But Ellis would have to be crazy returning unless there’s serious NIL money keeping him here.

He’s at least earned a shot with a better team which is obviously just about anywhere else…

I asked about the NIL money and was told there wasn’t enough to keep him here

Kenny Payne quitting and giving all that money away is the only way he doesn't return next season. As unlikely as that is, he may want to avoid the constant blame he's going to continue to receive. You have to have one strong ego to think you should still coach after going 4 and 28 on the season.

None of us would walk away from $10 million guaranteed money. Fun to dream, but it makes no sense thinking Payne will…

Kenny Payne quitting and giving all that money away is the only way he doesn't return next season. As unlikely as that is, he may want to avoid the constant blame he's going to continue to receive. You have to have one strong ego to think you should still coach after going 4 and 28 on the season.

He can keep the money. He needs to just skedaddle 🤬

No way he does the G-League. He isn’t going to be valued and their salaries aren’t crazy.

Is he a guy in the 2nd round that could get good money? That is the question with Ellis.

I don’t see it but athletically he is good enough.

Ellis can probably get more through NIL than trying the G to the NBA. Get his guarantee one year pay day go from there.
That's probably the way he should be thinking but these guys have people around them convincing them they're good enough to go for the big bucks.

G League or overseas unless someone comes up with a 6 figure NIL deal, and I don't see that happening..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT