ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Rumor Mill: About last weekend

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Louisville had an unprecedented number of high caliber recruits on campus this weekend. The managed to land two high school prospects from the 2022 class in Jeremiah Caldwell, a four star safety from Michigan powerhouse Belleville and safety Antonio Watts from Carver down in Georgia. They also snagged the number one overall 2023 dual threat quarterback Pierce Clarkson from California powerhouse St. John Bosco and local 2023 Male safety Jeremiah Collins. The Cards also managed to land USC transfer corner Jayden Williams from the transfer portal. Williams didn’t attend this past weekend’s events but was on campus the weekend prior. Overall Louisville received five commitments this weekend with three of them expected to sign by February 2nd.

If you following Louisville recruiting you have to be pleased with the weekend’s results but you’re probably asking, “who’s next?”

Starting on the defensive side of the ball with the defensive line, 2023 4-star DT Kayden McDonald was the name most fans wanted to know about. He told me that he had a great time and really hit it off with defensive line coach Mark Ivey. He noticed that there were tons of recruits there, even four official visitors were there, but the fact that Scott Satterfield and Mark Ivey made him feel like a priority really stood out to him. He said he had a good time at the basketball game and was impressed with the facilities but more than anything, he said being a priority while official visitors were there is what stood out to him the most. He’s scheduled for a visit to Oklahoma in March so don’t expect a commitment anytime soon, in fact this one could go all the way to National Signing Day. If it does, do the Cards continue to pursue him in a battle with playoff caliber programs or do they move on to different prospects?

2023 edge Jonathan Bax from Edna Karr in New Orleans was really blown away by the visit and had a lot of positive things to say about the Louisville program and coaching staff.

“The Louisville visit was awesome! Everything they did and had planned was spot on. You can tell that they’re very disciplined and is just a great time to be a part of the ACC. What I like the most is that Louisville has 2 full-time Nutritionists! That goes to show you there all about our us being healthy and can get us back on the field and perform within no time.

The coaches are great! They’re like family. I had so many conversations with coaches that didn’t pertain to football. When I did though it was about “How well do I fit in the defensive scheme,” “If you gain 20 more pounds then you can play w your hand in the dirt, or if you don’t get much bigger then you can play outside linebacker.”

Based on my film they told me they have this position at Louisville called “Dog” that they will love me too play. It’s like that versatile defensive end that can move well enough to drop and play in space. Kind of like Micah parsons from the Dallas cowboys!

I had a great time at Louisville the coaches and the campus were great! The fans are amazing and just the culture of being a Louisville Cardinal gets me pumped! I can’t wait to visit again!

I also like how everything is downtown. Like everything is Louisville.”

Safe to say the visit went well. I’m going to check with a few sources and depending on what I’m told I may put in a pick for Bax to Louisville.

Another prospect I’m close to entering a pick for Louisville is Jayden Davis, a three star safety from Georgia. Davis visited this weekend and gave a positive review of the experience.

“I liked the city. It gave me an at home feeling because I’m a city kid. The coaches were very cool and I think they’re building something special over in Louisville.”

Davis said he doesn’t have any future visits set up at the moment nor does he have a set date for a commitment. He currently holds offers from Arkansas, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, NC State, Pitt, Ole Miss, TCU, Tennessee, and Utah. That being said, I’ve received information from a source who indicated a commitment could be coming very soon for the Cards. I entered a futurecast for Davis this morning.

While I was typing this 2023 CB/WR Martel Hight committed to Louisville. He will play corner for the Cards.

I don't think the fact Louisville has three defensive backs committed already will preclude Jshawn Frausto-Ramos from committing or being a take if he wants to join the class. In fact I am close to putting in a pick for him to Louisville, I'm just waiting on the green light from one of my sources.

I will have more updates later today as I get responses from the other prospects I’ve reached out to for comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News