ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Rumor Mill 11/25/19

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Louisville just wrapped up its seventh win of the season in front of a large group of prospects from the 2020 and 2021 classes. Commits Jordan Watkins, Josh Minkins, Tim Lawson, Zay Peterson, Austin Collins, and Luke Kandra were in the stands as well as uncommited official visitors Jo'Qauvious Marks, Maureese Wren, Yaya Diaby, Josh Griffis commits Trevor Reid and Marvin Dallas.

Naturally the number one question on the minds' of fans is simply, did anyone commit over the weekend?

Unfortunately the answer to that is no, but Louisville is still very much in it for most of the unofficial visitors.

I thought JUCO linebacker Maureese Wren would be the one to pop but I spoke with him and he told me he'll be taking an official visit to Nebraska from Thursday through Saturday. The Huskers play Iowa Friday night. He will announce on December 14th so that doesn't give him a lot of time to ponder his decision. The three-star JUCO linebacker was supposed to visit Texas but told me that has been cancelled. It looks like it is down to Louisville and Nebraska for Wren. The tricky thing about his recruitment is where is he on Louisville's board? One would think that with Khatavian Franks' decommitment over the weekend the Cards would have a spot open for him but I'm not sure he's a take, I will update that situation later as more info becomes available.

Speaking of Nebraska, Josh Griffis will also visit the Huskers this weekend. Louisville feels confident they can pull him but he is definitely going to hear what Nebraska has to say and he has told me that he's going to see who FSU hires and where he fits in to that staff's plans before he makes a final decision. The fact he's been on campus twice over the past two weeks suggests Louisville is in a very strong position no matter how you slice it.

I asked Griffis for his thoughts on his most recent visit and what his parents think about the program and this was his repsonse:

"The environment was great. Me and Zay (Patterson) hung out the whole time. My parents love it there. They think its a great school and they think the coaches are awesome. They talk to my parents all the time and my parents think they would take great care of me," said Griffis.

Considering all the variables I think Louisville is in a very strong position to sign Griffis.

Yaya Diaby told me his visit to Louisville was amazing and he had a good time. It looks like the visit went as well as it could have and his teammates Marvin Dallas and Trevor Reid who are committed to Louisville are definitely in his ear. That being said, he is visiting Auburn this weekend and if they pull the trigger on an offer I think he will commit on the spot. If they don't, he will take an official visit to Tennessee. I know for a fact Tennessee really likes him and he's a take so this one isn't over and Louisville is in a dog fight here.

I haven't gotten a chance to link up with Jo'Qauvious "Woody" Marks yet but the vibe I get from a few sources is that Louisville trails Florida and Mississippi State but I'm not ready to write the Cards off just yet, especially without talking to him first. As soon as I hear back from him I'll post a separate thread on the board.

I haven't spoken with Sharder. He's not really the type of recruit who likes interviews or attention in general. Nonetheless, I was still able to confirm he was on campus all weekend with both of his parents and his twin brother. I also have it on good authority that Louisville will conduct two in-home visits over the next two weeks. Like Griffis, I think Shrader and his family are waiting to see who the next FSU coach is going to be and what happens to current FSU OL coach Randy Clements. Louisville is a serious threat to FSU and this one is far from over.

That's all I have on the uncommitted 2020 visitors. All the commits I spoke with said they had a good time and they're all locked in. Tim Lawson confirmed that he is going to enroll early in case you missed that update from last week. I don't expect Louisville to land all of these recruits which would close out the class at 28 so I look for some new names to emerge around or after December 20th.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News