ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Jones

I wonder if he teaches his students that their inability to complete a task or score a passing grade is not their fault. This excuse making is sickening. UofL's "crappy" way of handling KP? No, the results of the failed Kenny Payne era are on Kenny Payne. Quit making excuses and own it.

I'm convinced most of what he says is for clicks and likes. He's become quite the local celebrity, if you think about it. He knows people talk about him, read his words, and post about him on message boards.

Reactions: rh62531 and BPGhost
I'm convinced most of what he says is for clicks and likes. He's become quite the local celebrity, if you think about it. He knows people talk about him, read his words, and post about him on message boards.
He’s definitely become enamored with his own quasi-celebrity. I doubt that there’s anyone on the planet that enjoys his words more than he does…

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I am not sure Ricky is even recognized by the majority in this community, despite Terry Meiners effort to provide him with AM radio exposure. I can honestly say that I have not heard Meiners show in years, and seldom listen to AM radio unless its UL Baseball or UL Women’s Basketball.

I know lots of people on here can’t stand Tim Sullivan but he in my opinion is one of the last old school journalists. He tweeted at Jones asking him for specifics. And then also asked Heird if he knew what Jones was alluding to.
.... and I thought that Heird had a very appropriate response. Unless someone provides some specifics, which i think most of us would welcome, it's just more sour grapes following a disappointing job performance.

Last edited:
I am not sure Ricky is even recognized by the majority in this community, despite Terry Meiners effort to provide him with AM radio exposure. I can honestly say that I have not heard Meiners show in years, and seldom listen to AM radio unless its UL Baseball or UL Women’s Basketball.
I have a 35 minute commute home. 93.9 dedicated most of that time talking about Ricky Jones. Callers were calling in wanting to talk about Ricky Jones.

Ricky Jones is a race baiter 90% of what talks about, writes about or says is not true. I can’t believe that any place of higher education would hire this clown. I remember a couple of years ago he was talking about the Kentucky Derby. He said that the Derby has really blown up this year it has never been this big before. I was sitting there thinking just shut up you make yourself look so stupid. He wrote an article saying that the University of Louisville was far behind sUcK in regards to diversity.
He doesn’t realize you can research stuff on your computer and that is what I did. Louisville has more black students, more Professors and employees that are black and inter grated the University long before sUcK. The people and institutions that give this guy a voice to spread his garbage is just as guilty as he is.

Reactions: SoulSr and 2330859
CardX;

I have no statistical data to support my suspicion here, but my sense is the local audience on 93.9 is an extremely small number, but admittedly I have no evidence to support that notion.

While you are listening to FM, I am listening to various XM Channels as my way of avoiding local news, and particularly anything related to UL basketball and KP.

Not a challenge, just a sincere question …… can you briefly share what Ricky Jones could contribute to the discussion about UL basketball that could be remotely constructive?

Reactions: KozmasAgain
CardX;

I have no statistical data to support my suspicion here, but my sense is the local audience on 93.9 is an extremely small number, but admittedly I have no evidence to support that notion.

While you are listening to FM, I am listening to various XM Channels as my way of avoiding local news, and particularly anything related to UL basketball and KP.

Not a challenge, just a sincere question …… can you briefly share what Ricky Jones could contribute to the discussion about UL basketball that could be remotely constructive?
I normally am not a listener of local radio, except when the baseball Cards are playing. But, it was a big day around here yesterday, so, of course, I tuned in to hear all the scuttlebutt.

I think you might have me confused as a Ricky Jones fan/supporter. I am not. As I mentioned yesterday, he puts stuff out there to get people talking. And talk they do. There's a zero % chance he believes in everything he says.

Reactions: 2330859
Appreciate your response CardX; we may not agree on everything, but I always find your posts as respectful and worthy of reading. You are correct, as I had assumed you were supporting Ricky; my bad.

Reactions: CardX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT