ADVERTISEMENT

Resign Kenny

You don't resign and get your buyout. That would get him zero.

Your appeal should be for Heird to decide to stop the nonsense and undertake negotiations. Heird's the guy in charge of the situation--or he effing needs to be...

Reactions: swurv99
He sure as hell isn’t gonna voluntarily take himself out of multimillion dollar buyout. He can’t coach, but that doesn’t make him an idiot…

Reactions: Emarc
We'll find out by the end of the season and fans can decide how to move forward. Until then, I'd suggest withdrawal. Just my opinion.

No it doesn’t make him an idiot he’s already there!
Plenty of idiots have won more games at the D1 level than Payne. IMO - it has nothing to do with smarts or even saavy - at this point, it’s about honor.

If Payne had any semblance of honor, respect or fondness for UofL, he would have already gone to Heird to work out something mutually acceptable.

“Hey Josh, I didn’t really want the job but was talked into it. It obviously has gone dramatically worse than I or anyone expected and I have too much love for UofL and self-respect to continue to drag both down. Let’s find a fair settlement and we can all move forward.”

I’ll take “Words Kenny Payne will never say” for $2000 Alex… 🤬

Plenty of idiots have won more games at the D1 level than Payne. IMO - it has nothing to do with smarts or even saavy - at this point, it’s about honor.

If Payne had any semblance of honor, respect or fondness for UofL, he would have already gone to Heird to work out something mutually acceptable.

“Hey Josh, I didn’t really want the job but was talked into it. It obviously has gone dramatically worse than I or anyone expected and I have too much love for UofL and self-respect to continue to drag both down. Let’s find a fair settlement and we can all move forward.”

I’ll take “Words Kenny Payne will never say” for $2000 Alex… 🤬
I’m sorry…you must phrase your response in the form of a question!

He isn’t going to fall on the sword. I don’t think he honestly believes this is his fault. People lost their mind if the commentator during the Virginia game where do you think he got his talking points? KP himself.

Reactions: the artist FKA zipp
He isn’t going to fall on the sword. I don’t think he honestly believes this is his fault. People lost their mind if the commentator during the Virginia game where do you think he got his talking points? KP himself.
Or more likely, others within KP’s inner circle. They’re all coming up crickets publicly, but I think they’re finding ways to spread their truth.

This is the 64 thousand dollar question. Are we sure that he has any of these?

I agree, and it's why posts like the OP's are pointless. The guy isn't resigning. He's not walking away from his buyout, all of it.

It's why if you want immediate action--or really ANY action--your appeal needs to be the AD and U of L management. They're the ones who have to make this end and figure out the way to do it...

I agree, and it's why posts like the OP's are pointless. The guy isn't resigning. He's not walking away from his buyout, all of it.

It's why if you want immediate action--or really ANY action--your appeal needs to be the AD and U of L management. They're the ones who have to make this end and figure out the way to do it...
In my post I said I hoped he’d take a buyout. I think most reasonable people concluded that the buyout and resignation were hand in hand. I’ll be more clear for you next time because apparently you did need something clarified that didn’t really need to be clarified.

Just saw Kenny do an interview on Evans. It might not be a popular view but there is no way he graduated from high school let alone college with a degree. He can't even speak in intelligible sentences that make any sense. It is really sad. If no one knew he was a basketball player he would be frying burgers in the business world. No way he passed any interview for head coach at the U of L. Therfore he's not smart enough to know what damage he is doing. Someone will need to give him a coloring book of a train wreck and he still might not understand.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
I also went to middle school with the number 1 player in the country who was a freshman with Payne, so I understand what was really important with elite athletes. This number 1 athlete spent all day with the gym teacher shooting basketball at Waggoner in the 8th grade. His education was basketball. I doubt Paynes educational experience was any different since he admitted he couldn't read when entering college. Ef Payne. Fire him before we finish the season 0 for everything.

At this point the problem is easy to identify but the solution midseason is challenging. The players free movement is a problem in general but especially in situations like this. Players have all the leverage. They want KP as coach.

Then it was made clear by reports that clearly came from the staff the Manning wasn’t doing it and Smith was unlikely. Again this is the staff protecting KP and themselves.

The only solution then was an interim which seems like it was being put in motion. Then Heird has the player(s) meeting tone changes at that point. Clark and BHH said ride or die after that. To me a percentage of them weren’t going to play for interim and they all would have found a landing spot. As bad as it is Louisville has to field a team.

That is why he makes it to the end of the year and it will get ugly.

It's only a few months. Time flies.

If they don't make the move prior to next year then fans have the off ramp directed to them.

And I understand the rush to have him gone, as the season goes on there's going to potentially be more excuses thrown at the wall. Example, you now have 3 players not playing that were considered to have significant roles beginning the season. Of course those players were available for the UT Chat loss, etc, so the excuses are of course going to be BS.

Bottom line it's clear this ain't working or gonna work. So if the powers that be have the best interest of the program they make the change prior to next year.

Fans don't want an off ramp, they want Louisville basketball as they know it back.

Right now I think many would just settle for a competitive product.

Going to be interesting to see what happens.

In my post I said I hoped he’d take a buyout. I think most reasonable people concluded that the buyout and resignation were hand in hand. I’ll be more clear for you next time because apparently you did need something clarified that didn’t really need to be clarified.
"Clarify" this... When has Payne been offered a buyout?

You can't "accept" one until it's offered. Like so many clown show apologists, you can't point the finger at the right people...

"Clarify" this... When has Payne been offered a buyout?

You can't "accept" one until it's offered. Like so many clown show apologists, you can't point the finger at the right people...
I don’t know. Do you know? I’m probably unrealistically hoping that Payne has some self-awareness and goes the route Mack took.

Mack was offered a buyout and in a very narrow window of time when the NCAA was deliberating a charge against him of rules violations. That would have given U of L an opportunity to fire him with cause. Since neither side knew whether his buyout was gonna be zero or $12 million, they quickly came to an agreement.

No such situation with Payne. The first step will be waving $6-8 million in front of him. That’s U of L…

The issue is clearly U of L dragging its feet. The narratives around Christmastime were "any day now" and "have you heard anything?' It was Friday afternoon or the end of the week or next week. Now it's the end of the season.

What will it be at the end of the season?

There's no plan in large part because there's no money and no sense of urgency. From anyone. The very lack of urgency you criticize Payne for you can criticize his superiors.

Payne's not firing himself or offering himself a buyout. His supporters will never go down that path either. The people who have blown up U of L basketball are the people still in charge. And they're doing nothing but watching and hoping...

He is bad in press conferences. Doesn't sound like a coach, more like a minister.
Move over Joey Tribbani, there is a new "Ministanierer" in town.
Season 9 Yes GIF by Friends

Just curious those people who strongly support KP, do any of them have season tickets ? Anybody ever J Eaves at a game?

Just saw Kenny do an interview on Evans. It might not be a popular view but there is no way he graduated from high school let alone college with a degree. He can't even speak in intelligible sentences that make any sense. It is really sad. If no one knew he was a basketball player he would be frying burgers in the business world. No way he passed any interview for head coach at the U of L. Therfore he's not smart enough to know what damage he is doing. Someone will need to give him a coloring book of a train wreck and he still might not understand.
I can't stand to hear him talk. He speaks lazy, he slurs his words. He talks in "dem" "dey" "dey're" "dat" ism's.. He's a coach of college kids, the administration should demand he speak correctly.. He's a complete embarrassment. And all that is in addition to the fact he couldn't frigging coach a bullfrog to jump off hot pavement into a cool pond..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT