ADVERTISEMENT

Reid Detmers

nccardfan

Four-Star Poster
Sep 5, 2007
lawrenceburg, KY
Reid was selected to pitch in Futures Allstar Game today. Game will be televised on MLB network at 3 pm. Detmers is 2-3 on the season with a 3.60 ERA.

Where is the coverage by Cards rivals? Here it is draft day with a Cards player possibly being the top pick and there's nothing here.

And Detmers pitching today in the futures game and again nothing here. Those wondering why so many have quit the premium service here, this is a good reason. I've seen more about Louisville baseball on MLB network than here on Cardinal sports rivals.

We had a baseball ‘guy’ but i have not seen him post forever.

Reactions: earsky
I’d love to be the baseball guy.

You might need to talk to the owner of the board. Only thing is the baseball guy is Premium and that means only premium folks can read his premium content. The majority of the true baseball fans are Free Board folks. Premium folks are more than welcome to talk baseball with our Free Board fans.

Gocds tried to get PB interest in baseball on PB. It wasn’t there.
We are the Louisville Baseball die hards here. And this is where it needs to stay, IMHO.

Reactions: MikeyAFitz
We had a baseball ‘guy’ but i have not seen him post forever.
I don't know what happened but I have not been able to login until today. Tried to get thru and reset but couldn't. Maybe it's the new phone. 😆

You might need to talk to the owner of the board. Only thing is the baseball guy is Premium and that means only premium folks can read his premium content. The majority of the true baseball fans are Free Board folks. Premium folks are more than welcome to talk baseball with our Free Board fans.

Gocds tried to get PB interest in baseball on PB. It wasn’t there.
We are the Louisville Baseball die hards here. And this is where it needs to stay, IMHO.
@Ty Spalding I have ZERO experience in doing what you do but is there any need for a volunteer ‘baseball guy’? I’m down to help

@Ty Spalding I have ZERO experience in doing what you do but is there any need for a volunteer ‘baseball guy’? I’m down to help

Absolutely. Shoot me a direct message on here and we can chat. Our previous baseball guy has moved on to another website.

If anyone is still interested, poor Reid Detmers faces his third juggernaut opponent tonight when his Angels take on the Astros.

He lost his first two starts against the A's and Dodgers. The Louisville Cards great needs a game against the Rangers or Orioles.

His ERA is over 10. Ouch!!

Drew Ellis is also starting today for the Diamondbacks.

If anyone is still interested, poor Reid Detmers faces his third juggernaut opponent tonight when his Angels take on the Astros.

He lost his first two starts against the A's and Dodgers. The Louisville Cards great needs a game against the Rangers or Orioles.

His ERA is over 10. Ouch!!

Drew Ellis is also starting today for the Diamondbacks.
Hey, Reid recorded his 1st win with 6 K’s and 2 BBs. He was dealing throwing mainly breaking balls. I also take exception to the comment about my beloved Os. Just kidding, unfortunately I know what you mean…

Reactions: PHCARD
What a great life experience Adam Engel had being in the starting line up for the Field of Dreams game. Then to be part of a dream game of baseball.

Reactions: earsky
Reid was throwing too many fastballs over the middle of the plate. He had to adjust. Big league hitters thrive on fastballs.

I remember his ability to throw that big breaking pitch for strikes. Not an easy feat,but when it's wicked,it's even more impressive. You got to keep em guessing and that's the key,keeping hitters off balance.

i meant to brign this up earlier, but on the same day detmers got firs twin win and was really dominating, will smith it a walk off homer for the dodgers. he, btw, has cemented his position as catcher for my beloved team, constantly comes up in the clutch, and when they are down he always seems to change the game. Card's representing well in the bigs.

btw, here's a list of Former Cards playing baseball

Reid DetmersMLB | MiLBLHPLos Angeles AngelsLos Angeles AngelsMLB
Adam DuvallMLBOFMiami MarlinsMiami MarlinsMLB
Drew EllisMLB | MiLBINFArizona DiamondbacksArizona DiamondbacksMLB
Adam EngelMLBOFChicago White SoxChicago White SoxMLB
Kyle FunkhouserMLB | MiLBRHPDetroit TigersDetroit TigersMLB
Chad GreenMLBRHPNew York YankeesNew York YankeesMLB
Will SmithMLBCLos Angeles DodgersLos Angeles DodgersMLB
Nick BurdiMLB | MiLBRHPSan Diego PadresEl Paso ChihuahuasAAA
Zack BurdiMLB | MiLBRHPBaltimore OriolesNorfolk TidesAAA
Devin HairstonMiLBINFMiami MarlinsJacksonville Jumbo ShrimpAAA
Matt KochMLB | MiLBRHPCleveland IndiansColumbus ClippersAAA