ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: Recruiting update on a pair of receiver targets

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
After three Louisville receivers put up 100-yard games yesterday I had to reach out to some of my people to get a read on where things stand with local 3-star WR Jordan Watkins and 4-star WR Christian Fitzpatrick.

Jordan Watkins: Louisville made a huge impression on him not only yesterday but Friday as well. Watkins was in the football facilities for a few hours Friday going over film and how he would be deployed in the offense and things went well. Saturday, Louisville implemented what they told Watkins they were trying to do with their passing game to the field and it left a big impression. His visit wasn't an official but it was as close as you can get to one for all intents and purposes. This is how Louisville should have been recruiting kids who live minutes from the complex under Petrino.

I'm not calling for an imminent flip at the moment. Watkins still wants to see if Kentucky can turn things around, he's debating an official visit to Washington State, he's also hoping Ohio State or Michigan comes calling. I am however going to say I still think WSU is too far, I don't see Michigan or Ohio State offering unless they miss on some higher targets, and I don't see him signing with Kentucky unless they drastically improve their passing attack. If I was a gambling man, and sometimes I am, I would put my money on Louisville right now at -120.

Christian Fitzpatrick: His brother Dez has put up back to back one hundred yard games and Louisville has made a major surge. He is scheduled for an official visit for the Clemson game and I think if a decision is going to be made that's when. I really like Louisville's chances for a flip here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News