ADVERTISEMENT

Reality Check Sunday

Beagle11

6000+
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2006
There were a lot of games that were closer than folks would have traditionally thought as many traditional powerhouse teams struggled to win in the decisive manner we have become accustomed. You have to how much of this has hinged on the portal/NIL influence of so many players entering new systems and needing gain chemistry. Fans expect these players to be plug-and-play and I think we are seeing they aren't.

As wildly excited as I am about this season, I am a realist to understand that we a ton of new players at key positions. This may partially explain a lot of the inconsistent play on the field. We can't forget how many holes there were in this team before Brohm & Co. filled many of them with transfer players. He was never really able to fill the gaps in the defensive line. Unsurprisingly, we have been unable to apply any pressure from the front four.

I think we are going to have a good season and possibly even a pretty good season given our schedule, but I think we need to realize that there is going to be a lot of frustrating play witnessed because a lot of this roster was cobbled together in the spring.

Enjoy it for what it is, and what it would have been had Satterfield stayed. The folks up I-71 are waking up this morning realizing that they were sold a bill of goods by the greatest agent in sports. Louisville just a good football team, nothing more and nothing less. A lot of fans of powerhouse schools are finding themselves wondering today if what they hoped were national contenders aren't just good football teams as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News