ADVERTISEMENT

Rank Louisville's QB's since 2000

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
As some of you know, I'm a huge Washington Redskins fan ... one of the blogs I follow recently ranked the QB's in the Dan Snyder reign of horrific-ness.

Which got me thinking.

How would I rank the U of L QB's since 2000?

Here's my stab. Feel free to make your own list.

1. Lamar Jackson -- not much of a surprise here. Heisman winner. His record wasn't as good as Teddy Bridgewater's, but Lamar played stiffer competition. So ... nod to LJ.

2. Teddy Bridgewater -- 7-6, 11-2. 12-1. Sugar Bowl Champ; annihilation of Miami in the Russell Athletic Bowl in an offensive display that ranks among the best in school history. What coulda been if TB was coached by an offensive mind.

3. Stefan LeFors -- Most efficient QB in school history. Had the highest completion percentage in the nation until 2 extra incompletes in the bowl game; 9-4, 11-1

4. Dave Ragone -- Followed hometown hero Chris Redman; 9-3, 11-2, 7-6; Helped establish the success of the QB position at U of L.

5. Brian Brohm -- Followed Stefan, 9-3. 12-1. 6-6. Orange Bowl Champ.

6. Malik Cunningham -- Statistical monster. Elite runner.

7. Hunter Cantwell -- Huge arm, big kid, preferred walk-on from Paducah. Pinched hit for Brian Brohm effectively enough to get NFL consideration.

8. Will Stein -- gutty kid. Bridged the Krags to Charlie era.

9. Jawan Pass -- Endured BP 2-10 season; played well in spots; stuck around when he could've transferred to FCS.

10. Reggie Bonnofan --- Led team to win over ND in South Bend.

Honorable Mention: Will Gardner, Kyle Bolin, Evan Conley, Adam Froman (sausage king of Louisville), Justin Burke, Zack Stoudt

Dis-honorable Mention: Matt Simms

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News