ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Hits: Shaqquan Aaron is transferring

Howie Lindsey

Elite Member
Silver Member
May 29, 2001
Louisville, KY
www.cardinalsports.com
This started as a Shaqquan transfer thread, but I'll just go ahead and turn it into a Quick Hits because I'm hearing a bunch.

- Welp, looks like Shaqquan Aaron is transferring. Word coming out now.

- Word I get is that Shaqquan wasn't happy with playing time this year and then looked ahead to next season and saw Louisville bringing in Donovan Mitchell, Trey Lewis and still pursuing Damion Lee and Maverick Rowan and didn't like that.

- Hearing VERY good things about Damion Lee and Louisville. Lee played for a terrible Drexel team this season, but he averaged 21.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game in 27 games. He is a 6-foot-6, 200-pound wing who can play RIGHT AWAY.

- If Louisville lands Lee, it may hurt or even end the reclassification of Maverick Rowan. The reason Rowan is making that extra effort is for the open playing time at Louisville for 2015-16 and if Louisville lands Lee, that playing time isn't necessarily as readily available. That said, Pitino says he wants shooters and he still needs shooters and Rowan is a better shooter than Lewis or Lee.

- The guard rotation will probably be Quentin Snider and Trey Lewis to start the season, but I could easily see Donovan Mitchell beating out one or both. Those three will rotate at the three guard spots most likely.

- Lee would be a three, I'd bet. That would put he and Deng Adel at that three spot.

- With Aaron leaving, Louisville's down to about 10 percent of its scoring returning. That is incredible.

- Um... Russ Smith just made it clear whose side he's on of the Shaqquan Aaron thing: Here is his tweet: @Sir_Saudade "Transferring schools won't get you out of doing the stuff you was supposed to be getting done at your former school."

- Here is his second tweet: "People transfer for different reasons, some off n on the court. Regardless, your maladies will follow you n its up to you to change it."

This post was edited on 4/8 12:34 PM by Howie Lindsey

This post was edited on 4/8 12:40 PM by Howie Lindsey

This post was edited on 4/8 12:47 PM by Howie Lindsey

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News