ADVERTISEMENT

QB Harrison Bailey Commits

Can’t be a bad thing teaming up Brohm and a former 5-star QB prospect. How does a kid like that bounce around this long without finding his niche somewhere? I obviously don’t know his back story…

Reactions: shadow force
That’s going to be a pretty full (and talented) QB room. Can’t beat getting that kind of talent as a PWO. I see Plummer as the probable starter for this year. Next year’s battle should be really interesting.

great to have the full qb room. you really need 4 of them as injuries take a toll far to often. i suspect you'll see a transfer out of one of them

Reactions: OldhamCard335
Not necessarily; these kids want a crack at the NFL, and Brohm has demonstrated that being a 2nd or even 3rd string QB under his instruction can be most profitable.

I too would like to better understand what happened to Bailey at Tennessee; something is missing between his Freshmen and Sophmore seasons that has not been explained.

Not necessarily; these kids want a crack at the NFL, and Brohm has demonstrated that being a 2nd or even 3rd string QB under his instruction can be most profitable.

I too would like to better understand what happened to Bailey at Tennessee; something is missing between his Freshmen and Sophmore seasons that has not been explained.
Here is what I got from ESPN. Bailey started 3 games as a freshman at UT. His coach Jeremy Pruitt was fired and replaced by Josh Heupel. Heupel brings in Joe Milton III from Michigan and Hendon Hooker from VaTech for 2022. Good enough to start as a true freshman, then played in one game in 2021 at UT as a soph. Perhaps he and Heupel didn't mesh?

Last edited:
Thanks BooneCo; that serves as a reasonable explanation.

Any Freshman good enough to play QB, much less start for Tennessee is worthy of serious consideration under Brohm instruction.
I did a little more research this morning and found out both Hooker and Milton were both at UT in 2021, in addition to 2022. It appears to me that Heupel wanted a more mobile QB, or two and recruited over him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT