ADVERTISEMENT

QB Brady Allen Commits

Holy cow. Just now saw this. Isn't this big FB news for the Cards? And what are the fall outs on this for the QB status going forward?

Reactions: CardsFirst
To me it seems pretty clear that Pierce Clarkson plans to redshirt in 2023, and Brohm wasn't satisfied with Dolan and Conley as Plummer's backup.

So he convinces Allen that he will be the #2 guy this upcoming season and that means he's just a Plummer injury away from starting. If he shines like his potential suggests, he may not relinquish it.

Clarkson is going to redshirt either way which tells me he would be behind Allen if he wasn't redshirting. But he's in a pretty good position sitting out and learning under Brohm. If Allen ends up starting and killing it on the field, Clarkson can always enter the portal. If Allen struggles a bit or hardly plays, Clarkson could step right into the starting job in 2024.

I think we all assumed Clarkson was a recruit ready to play right away when he led the hot recruiting for the Cards, but it appears everyone involved believes he needs a redshirt. So Jeff Brohm went looking for a backup and what do you know, another Purdue player.

The anticipation for September is overwhelming. I laughed it off the first time I read somewhere Louisville could be the next TCU. But I don't know. The schedule is set up for a undefeated or one loss season. No Clemson, no FSU, no UNC.

Notre Dame is the biggest game until the UK game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT