ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt game thread

No Masterman in the lineup. Not surprised that Knap isn’t playing. Better to keep letting him rest.

Wasted early opportunities. Bad base running. Garrett looks good.

Wasted early opportunities. Bad base running. Garrett looks good.
Our guys have to realize that they can't take those big RBI opportunities away from Rushing. He's one of the hottest hitters in the country.

Cards have to get into the Pitt Bull Pen. They were hit hard yesterday against GT, and used several guys, Gonna have to out slug Pitt today. Need to get going right now, down 2 to 1 moving to the Top of the 5th Cards at Bat.

Reactions: earsky
Cards have hit some hard balls. But, leaving guys on base is letting their pitcher off the hook.

Not sure why you wait if Kuehner's already throwing. Lefty on lefty. Oh well

Poor top of 8th by the Cards. Lots of ‘big’ swings instead of hitting for contact (see Bianco today).

Interesting . Cards bring on Poland in relief. Bottom of 8th . One out Pitt runners 1st and 2nd, Card up 5-4!

Bases now loaded with one out. Pitt won’t go away. Cards should have about 7-8 runs, so they have allowed Pitt to stay close

IF…UofL loses this game and IF they slip down out of a national seed…a lot of questions need to be answered a out pitching decisions today. Pitt took 2/3 against us earlier. They played yesterday, won and surely have some mojo going. I’m just confused. I like Schmeltz but he hasn’t started any games. Why not start Liggett if you don’t go with Poland? I guess you would like to have Poland for Saturday; but, if you don’t get to Saturday it means squat.

Are you flippin’ kidding me. Pull Poland for some reason and insert Prosecky who walks the first batter. 🤮

Choke. Choke. Choke. Choke. No other way to spin this.

Well crap. We pulled out all the stops, go into the 8th with a 5-3 lead, pitched both of our aces, but it just wasn’t enough. On to the NCAA’s!

The issues this team had today same all season and going forward.
Hope we don't slide out of that 7 seed.

Another ACC tournament, another listless performance by the Cards.

Let's face it people, McDonnell doesn't care about winning the ACC tournament. Why Poland didn't start goes a long way in verifying that statement.

We should also accept that this team is just a bit short of being a threat in post season play. How can they be taken seriously when they lose 3 out of 4 to Pitt? Today was win or it's over and they again couldn't beat Pitt.

Oh well, just more of the same with UofL sports. Cards fans are a hardy bunch that's for sure.

I would prefer to see the team get hot during this tournament.
To be honest, I don't think this team can ever get hot. There's always something that gets in the way, be it bad defense, undisciplined at- bats with runners in scoring position and of course the lack of throwing strikes.

It is what it is.

To be honest, I don't think this team can ever get hot. There's always something that gets in the way, be it bad defense, undisciplined at- bats with runners in scoring position and of course the lack of throwing strikes.

It is what it is.
I was speaking in general terms,like every year.

Reactions: TheRealVille
On the flip side - they have played their way into a projected 7 seed. So, as miffed as I am today, i can’t say they haven’t played really good baseball. They are not perfect and have their shortcomings - but so does pretty much every other team.

I can’t stand the ACC format. Double elimination. It is stupid to play a meaningless game and risk injury. Also the Division champ should never be visitors. What is the point of the regular season.

Again my friends, look around the country and you will see many of the ranked teams losing in their respective conference tournaments to teams like Pitt.

NCST beat Miami last night while White hit 3 HRs. Not sure how UL drops any more than Miami, UVA or ND a with their losses.

I will agree on one thing ……. some of our kids need to focus on “finding their pitch“, and making solid contact for base hits rather than swinging for the fences. Bianco appears to be trying to imitate Rushing, when just a single with one out and bases loaded would have resulted in a Card win.

Not sure how UL drops any more than Miami, UVA or ND a with their losses.
I agree with your post,but we don't really have a lot of wiggle room at 7.
Seems in years past that the Cards have usually been a mainstay in that top 5,which would give them quite a bit more wiggle room.
Look,if it happens it happens,but like I said yesterday,if we're just outside of that top 8 after this weekend,doesn't mean we can't still host a Super.
Those top 8 still have to survive their Region.

The inning when Bonco was nailed in a run down and Smith caught trying to swipe 3rd was the pivotal inning imo.
Rushing was coming up with at least 2 guys on until Smith was thrown out.
You just can't take that rbi situation away from Rushing there.
Solo shot by Rushing the next inning.
Cards really gotta clean it up. I'm all for aggressive base running,but right time and place.

The point about Bianco - yesterday he was one if the guys who WAS swinging for contact. I thought yesterday was one of his best games over the last 2-3 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT