ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino love bombing UK

Make It Rain Money GIF

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Dude is always polishing his own apple...
Too bad he didn’t develop that habit before he was being extorted on the eve of a Sweet Sixteen game in which his team had the overall #1 seed and flopped against an average Michigan St team.

Calling the FBI stopped the extortion phone calls but unfortunately even they couldn’t help our team focus without their leader that day.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I always thought he downplayed it. Just another game and Cal did the opposite. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, but we are just the peanut gallery. Sometimes RP would tell some tales.

I'm guessing behind closed doors RP wanted that game as much or more as any. He's a competitive SOB.

Those were the days I tell ya.

I always thought he downplayed it. Just another game and Cal did the opposite. 🤷‍♂️
No he said more than once he could barely eat that day. And would puke prior to the game. Players said he would get to tight which would transfer to them. More than one player stated this.

Too bad he didn’t develop that habit before he was being extorted on the eve of a Sweet Sixteen game in which his team had the overall #1 seed and flopped against an average Michigan St team.

Calling the FBI stopped the extortion phone calls but unfortunately even they couldn’t help our team focus without their leader that day.
Oh, there was some apple polishing going on. Pitino just outsourced it on that (and many other) occasions.

Reactions: Louisvillian
There are plenty of examples of #1 seeds being upset in the NCAA tournament, the bizarre circumstances surrounding Pitino and the extortion case were not as overwhelming as adjusting to MSU executing Izzo’s man-to-man defense.

T-Will acknowledged post game that his 1-7 shooting performance was a direct result of MSU’s physicality and defensive pressure, something he had not experienced previously.

There are plenty of examples of #1 seeds being upset in the NCAA tournament, the bizarre circumstances surrounding Pitino and the extortion case were not as overwhelming as adjusting to MSU executing Izzo’s man-to-man defense.

T-Will acknowledged post game that his 1-7 shooting performance was a direct result of MSU’s physicality and defensive pressure, something he had not experienced previously.
IIRC MSU forced T-Will tp go to his left. Basic man-to-man philosophy and good scouting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT