ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino Goes Off After Loss To Seton Hall

I believe the players are pretty much looking for $ and the path to the NBA. StJ may or may not offer both, I'm not sure. RP has shown he can get guys to the league.

RP is saying it all happened too fast this summer. He'll probably have a better roster next year that is aligned to play how he needs to play. Reading him call out the guys he has is brutal honesty, not sure how that will play with other players.

Next year will be interesting for so many programs.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
He might be speaking the truth (in fact he frequently threw players under the bus here) but it’s definitely not a good look right after his team blew a 19 point lead against a middling Seton Hall.

He sucked as well. Just watch the 2nd half replay.Just a few weeks ago that same team was 12-4 with close losses to #1 UConn and #22 Creighton and he and the Johnnies were media darlings and here the old master was, getting ready to take yet another team to the dance.

He watched the season go down the drain and decided it wasn’t his fault and he wanted everyone to know that.

In his (and all coaches) defense, 30 minutes is not enough time after a draining, season crushing loss to then stick a microphone and camera on someone. The emotions are just to high at that point but it is what it is.

Reactions: cardinalrod
When has Pitino's coaching ever been about preserving a win instead of his genius? Russ Smith and the NCAA come to my mind.
Exactly. I mean how did St. Johns ever get out to a 19 point lead if all of their players lack “lateral quickness”?

He’s a helluva coach but he leads the universe in telling media and fans that he knew exactly what was going to happen after a loss. Well, if you knew beforehand - why didn’t you adjust?

No one has ever polished pitino’s apple better than him - except maybe karen sypher…

Read each quote. I have no problem with any of them.

At least I didn’t feel dumber having listened to a postgame interview. I miss those days…

Pitino quote from above (after throwing players under bus) “For me I’ve always enjoyed the first year and I’m not going to lie to you: This has been the most unenjoyable experience of my lifetime. This has been so disappointing”.

Translation: “Since I’ve mostly taken over programs that were downtrodden, I was always able to succeed in turning things around quickly and I can’t believe that the guy I replaced at St. Johns (Mike Anderson) had a better win percentage in his 4 years (54.8%) than I do right now (53.8%). Frankly I thought this was another no lose situation like Kentucky, Louisville and Iona.”

Big East is a gauntlet outside of Georgetown and Depaul! I have watched Xavier , Nova, and Butler play they are pretty solid teams!

Hey, do you all remember when Depaul (3-22) beat our ass, LOL?!? And people think there is a chance at year 3......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Big East is a gauntlet outside of Georgetown and Depaul! I have watched Xavier , Nova, and Butler play they are pretty solid teams!
I agree solid basketball ith a lot of experienced players and coaches. I missed the Creighton UCONN game last night sounds like Creighton had it going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT