ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching

JMS1947

1250+
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Our pitching is going south fast. 37 runs in this weeks games. Also, we have lost 4 of our
last 6 conference games. If we don't right the ship fast, we will end up like last year. We are
scoring a lot of runs, but the pitching stinks!

Pitching is better than the fielding. 5 errors in the 3 game series, and the official scorer was in my opinion overly generous to our RF Isaac Humphrey by scoring his fielding mistake with 2 outs as a double in game 1. FSU ended up scoring 5 more runs than they should have in the inning.

The Cards bad defense is more than just errors. It's throwing to the wrong base, not turning double plays, allowing fly balls to drop in and allowing too many wild pitches.

The baserunning is almost as bad and with the bases on balls from the bullpen, it's a wonder the Cards have won 24 games.

We're just not where we have been for a decade and it may be harder for McDonnell to get it back than everyone thought he would.

Reactions: rh62531
The Cards bad defense is more than just errors. It's throwing to the wrong base, not turning double plays, allowing fly balls to drop in and allowing too many wild pitches.

The baserunning is almost as bad and with the bases on balls from the bullpen, it's a wonder the Cards have won 24 games.

We're just not where we have been for a decade and it may be harder for McDonnell to get it back than everyone thought he would.
Good gosh, the sky is falling. Yes, we are struggling but so are a lot of top ranked teams. It’s baseball, not basketball. We got at least 4 important series coming up. I still have faith in Coach McDonnell and hopefully our pitching comes around which can also affect our defense.

Yes,there is plenty of time to get going. I'm glad that there is still plenty of baseball to be played before Memorial Day weekend.
Everybody takes a beating sometimes,like Henry said in Goodfellas.
How you respond is what matters.

Good gosh, the sky is falling. Yes, we are struggling but so are a lot of top ranked teams. It’s baseball, not basketball. We got at least 4 important series coming up. I still have faith in Coach McDonnell and hopefully our pitching comes around which can also affect our defense.
Maybe it has something to do with how the sky fell last season? But you can go ahead and hope and keep the faith. I hope that works.

You really need to take a look at our ACC opponents struggling just as much as ourselves. These kids are not robots, they make mistakes.

In the case of our pitchers,I'm really looking forward to the warm up in weather this weekend to see how they respond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT