ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic

I knew this guy was a bad hire. I don't think we win more than 1 or 2 games this year.
don't jump ship now just wait til kp gets recruits that are basketball skilled. now that the issues with the ncaa is over he is able to improve his talent level

• Haha
Reactions: Cardiac Red
I'm just saying man, I can't believe you all hired him. I think you are a top 10 program and you hired a coach with zero head coaching experience . Your team looks like they took 10 steps back from last year and that's saying something . Your best player is more worried about playing with his hair rather than playing ball. You would have been better off keeping Mack . I'm afraid your program may be going to the point of no return and I mean this in complete honesty , it makes me sad. Its actually fun around these parts when you all are good . I miss the Cal and Pitino antics

Reactions: RealStateBird
Louisville hasn't pressed since Pitino. Mack didn't press.

It's hard to believe that people still question the why KP was hired and why the big name coaches weren't.

IARP

Until that was resolved no big name coach was going to take the job. If KP doesn't work out, big name coaches will still be out there, but this time there's no sanctions in the way.

The question is how long will KP last if the team doesn't excel? But now, we're starting from scratch and team chemistry and team identity takes longer to arrive. We may just be surprised when 2023 comes around.

Reactions: bigjonaoc
I really do come here in peace . I'm not an A hole UK fan like some. But what were you guys thinking hiring Payne as the HC? I watched last night and I didn't see any schemes of any kind and you all looked in worse shape than last year physically . I was baffled when the hire was announced . I was expecting maybe Cronin, Davenport , or maybe even a hard push for Mussleman. Was the admin pressured to make this hire by the city ?

You all do not look like the Louisville we all knew. I'm used to you guys wearing teams down and running them up and down the court .
They were pressured with this hire. They definitely could have done better. After they fire him in couple years...we will be worse than when they fired mack.

Why not ? Surely your feelings can't be hurt any more then the debacle lst night.

If a troll from the other school wants to start his own thread then by all means go for it. In that I’m sure “Bigjon” can then extrapolate on his suggestion that “the city pressured UofL to hire KP”.

I have no insider info, and everyone is free to believe whatever they want. We hired a selection firm to quietly reach out to candidates. This was all kept quiet to protect the program. You don't want a big public display of every top coach rejecting your offers. Pearl was bad enough, using us for a raise.

My belief is that the search firm knocked on every door and were quietly and politely turned down. All of the top candidates are getting paid a lot of money already, and our program was a mess and at the time, facing what seemed like real prospects of a post-season ban and who knows what else. It's easy for me to believe top coaches with good situations wouldn't want to take on this mess.

I wasn't crazy about the CKP hire but I'm willing to give him a fair chance at the job.

But to put it another way, whether you like him as coach or not, he's gonna be here for the foreseeable future.

Everyone loves a good comeback story. Heck of an opportunity for KP.
I'm hoping this is what happens, that CKP does indeed bring UofL back to the top of the mountain.

I didn't particularly care for Mack but I supported him until it was clear he needed to be let go. Same goes for Payne but he gets more than one season before I judge, same as Mack.

I'm hoping this is what happens, that CKP does indeed bring UofL back to the top of the mountain.

I didn't particularly care for Mack but I supported him until it was clear he needed to be let go. Same goes for Payne but he gets more than one season before I judge, same as Mack.
Agreed. Same here. Full disclosure - I was not crazy about Mack or KP.

Fair to start making or forming some early opinions/thoughts. A little early to reach a final verdict.

Agreed. Same here. Full disclosure - I was not crazy about Mack or KP.

Fair to start making or forming some early opinions/thoughts. A little early to reach a final verdict.
Actually really liked the Mack hire think he would have been successful hadn't he went through the covid problem whatever happened there and then letting his coaches go was a huge mistake led to the final downfall Kenny Payne do not like this hire and think it's going to be a huge failure hope we get a good coach next time just said we're going to have to bear with this losing over the next few years until Kenny gets fired

I'm just saying man, I can't believe you all hired him. I think you are a top 10 program and you hired a coach with zero head coaching experience . Your team looks like they took 10 steps back from last year and that's saying something . Your best player is more worried about playing with his hair rather than playing ball. You would have been better off keeping Mack . I'm afraid your program may be going to the point of no return and I mean this in complete honesty , it makes me sad. It’s actually fun around these parts when you all are good . I miss the Cal and Pitino antics
I can’t believe “y’all” hired that fat, sweaty slob cow to a lifetime contract with a permanent 50M buyout. So now when he flames out in the tournament- despite have top 2 talent - or, has his team kneel for the anthem (boy does that rile you dip#$%&# up), or says how much more important draft night is than winning games for you hilljacks - you have no choice but to just eat it and ask for seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: wildcatcorner
I wasn't crazy about the CKP hire but I'm willing to give him a fair chance at the job.

But to put it another way, whether you like him as coach or not, he's gonna be here for the foreseeable future.
I with you giving him a fair chance and IMOP he will prove to be a good hire

Not apples to apples but good for reference sake: Bellarmine trails Morehead St 28-16 at half. Yes, BU scored 16hrs in the first half. They scored 41 against us. Our defense is so damn lazy and it’s frustrating as heck.

I knew this guy was a bad hire. I don't think we win more than 1 or 2 games this year.
I disagree. KP inherited very little talent, plus it’s really hard to sign top players with potential NCAA penalties hanging over your head. Now that it’s behind them, he’ll start signing top tier players. He’ll have UL back in the top 20 in 2-3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT