ADVERTISEMENT

Pasadena Post WWW Article

That was a great piece of satire. Onion worthy. Too bad Pasadena Post isn't real. It's someone's Tumblr account set up to look like a web page.

http://freshid.com/how-to-make-your-tumblr-look-like-a-website/

Great read thought. Funny stuff and thanks for sharing.

IMO, not worth posting, much less discussing. Reads like some wishful thinking anonymous message board poster immediately after a loss.

A 4th grader could tell it wasn't real. I said some of the things stated make you go, "hmm". Especially Luke Hancock's foul calls in that game. Just saying he didn't have to be a dick in his response, and he was. Like normal.

This post was edited on 3/5 6:51 PM by ciswilldean3215

This post was edited on 3/5 6:54 PM by ciswilldean3215

Originally posted by ciswilldean3215:

Thanks for being a douche, steelers. Like I said, falls under the category of things that you go "hmm." Did I throw a big fit, crown us 2014 champs, call out the fanbase, ect? No. Jeez.
Dude, I didn't direct any comments at you whatsoever. I simply voiced my opinion on the validity and value of the "article".
This post was edited on 3/5 7:16 PM by Steelers2012

OK good. Because you'd either have to be extremely gullible or just plain slow if you think any of it is real.

Originally posted by lonedingo93:
OK good. Because you'd either have to be extremely gullible or just plain slow if you think any of it is real.
Why is that? Basketball is above corruption!? Pretty sure NCAA still run seminars warning the young players about the possible pitfalls.

Maybe it isn't real, but it is funny how defensive UK fans get about this type stuff. They have to know there is something funny going on with WWW, and they just hope they can win as many championships as possible before the shoe drops.

The thing that makes me go "hmmmm" is if Calipari and WWW had so much power, why didn't they achieve the ultimate goal from all of this and win the championship last year? What, go through all of the secret meetings and risk jail time, many, many people (the refs and anyone they told) would have to remain silent for life...just to flame out in the championship against an odd team like UCONN? Also, the refs also did a terrible job in all of the games leading up to the final as well. If not for three miracle last second shots by Harrisons, they would have lost! Did they have some remote on the ball too? Same can be said for many of their games. How did they get guys the UL players to miss the free throws?
Would Calipari and this guy, WWW go through all of this trouble to win some rival games and not everything? Ridiculous. The sad thing is, some fan bases like Indiana will mark this down as solid truth and will bring it up as fact for years to come, they are so delusional.

Attorneys hired to go after the author

I also just looked on the Kentucky Rivals site, cats Illustrated and there is a post mentioning that he works with people at CAA, the same place that WWW works and he is aware of two attorneys going after the author of this fake article. One attorney from NY and one from Frankfort KY. Even though the website has a WHOISIT block on the owner, a subpoena will walk right through that and the libel party will be exposed to damages. It was not written or identified as a satire and would not be treated as such in the courts. In fact, it was posted as news. I'm guessing this guy or gal might have messed witht the wrong folks. Probably not a smart person as the attorney fees and time will be a load alone.

This post was edited on 3/5 8:13 PM by Buggeyes

Re: Attorneys hired to go after the author

Again...if there wasn't a hint of truth in there, no need to get lawyers involved...if it is nonsense, ignore it...if you want to keep people quiet, lawyer up.

I seriously doubt any lawyers will be involved. It's clearly just someone trying to troll UK and UL fanbases. It's so absurb and includes all the cliches' and repeats the same cliches over and over.

If I"m a UK fan I laugh someone put so much effort into it. If I'm a UL fan I laugh that someone put so much effort into it.

Originally posted by ItsintheCards:
Again...if there wasn't a hint of truth in there, no need to get lawyers involved...if it is nonsense, ignore it...if you want to keep people quiet, lawyer up.
So, if I say something false about you, that you secretly steal from your work, (and I have video proof that you do) and you have been having an affair with a young man (and I have video proof and pictures that you do), and make this public and in fact make it look like a news article, posting it world wide, you would just ignore it?

Originally posted by Buggeyes:

So, if I say something false about you, that you secretly steal from your work, (and I have video proof that you do) and you have been having an affair with a young man (and I have video proof and pictures that you do), and make this public and in fact make it look like a news article, posting it world wide, you would just ignore it?
But it's not a real news article. Or real news agency. What about those ads that pretend they are real news articles located on real news websites?

What? My point is if I say Calipari is an alien and likes eating people's brains, nobody buys it and it is blown off as being crazy. It is obvious that the Squid became a great recruiter when connected with WWW, who is an NBA agent. Nah...nothing shady there. So...write an article that is false, but includes a connection between the two, then it is time to call the cavalry.

What is this Pasadena Post website? Never even heard of it before. Is it even credible?

No....it was just created, and certainly isn't credible, but Caliparis legions are calling in the lawyers anyway.

No It's made up to troll UK's and UL fanbases. From reading this thread it appears some want to believe it. Steelers nailed it perfectly in his first comment.

No....it was just created, and certainly isn't credible, but Caliparis legions are calling in the lawyers anyway.
I don't doubt you, but you say this as if it's fact. You have a link? If not this is just as made up as that satire.

I'm just repeating what was said earlier in the thread, but with a bit of sarcasm, because it is a silly thing to call lawyers over. I think the only real truth in this article is that there is a shady relationship between WWW and the Squid, that helps UK recruit and thus helps UK win. I don't buy the whole referee thing or the targeting Louisville stuff.

I remember reading articles that WWW is involved with Duke as well and at one time was pretty involved with UL too.

WWW is a Nike guy...never was associated with Louisville which has never been a Nike school. Duke is certainly possible. When Cal was at Memphis, he was struggling to succeed. After Amare went pro despite the fact Cal put his uncle on the payroll, he targeted Milt Wagner's son, DeJuan who grew up a big Louisville fan because his dad won a championship with Louisville. However, despite not having his college degree, Cal created a staff position for Milt that helped encourage his son to come to Memphis. Milt brought along his childhood friend, WWW, and the rest is history. Cal then cobbles together an incredible class at Memphis including Demarcus Cousins and John Wall, with the help of WWW. Next thing you know, UK hires Cal, and all his recruits follow him.

Several blatant instances in that game besides the aforementioned Hancock incident. The one twin's foot was six inches out of bounds . The referee was standing there and looking at his feet. Never called it. Harrell was called for at least two fouls that weren't close. I still believe Mango's put back was goaltended.

Guys come on....this is way over the top. Probably something posted by a UK fan to make us look bad. Unless Briggs posted it.

We established the article is bogus...We moved on. I'm just pointing out the sleaziness of the WWW relationship.

Are you absolutely positive WWW has never been associated with UL?

"He knew the pro players from TV, and he knew the high schoolers from
bumping shoulders with them on the court—there was Leon Rose, the crafty
point guard from Cherry Hill East, and those two juggernauts from
Camden named Billy Thompson and Milt Wagner.

“Wes was my best friend,” Wagner says. “My whole career, he followed me everywhere I went.”

In 1981, Milt headed to Louisville, where he made three trips to the
Final Four and won a national championship. In 1987, when Milt went on
to the Los Angeles Lakers, Wes was there, too,
taking it all in,
learning that young men, as they make the transition from college to the
NBA, have needs. “If a player needs a custom-clothing designer, Wes can
help you with that,” Banks says. “Need a hairstylist who knows how to
do complicated cornrows? Wes can do that.”

One of the customers in that store was local high school hoops star Milt
Wagner, who left New Jersey in 1982 to play five years at Louisville. A
lot of Wesley's most important early connections came through his
exposure to that team, which made it to the Final Four three times
Wesley was in Louisville, and around players like Wagner, Kenny Payne
and Pervis Ellison constantly. Wagner's NBA career was also instrumental
in helping Wesley establish connections with NBA players,
including
Michael Jordan.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:32 PM by lonedingo93

Wes has been invovled and is still involved with a lot of teams. If anyone wants to use him as sort of boogie man they're just being naive.

I established that he was a friend of Wagner's. He didn't hang around our program and get involved in our recruiting. I was in college when the 1986 championship was won...don't consider myself young.

I established that he was a friend of Wagner's. He didn't hang around our program and get involved in our recruiting. I was in college when the 1986 championship was won...don't consider myself young.
Alot of Wesley's most important early connections came through his
exposure to that team, which made it to the Final Four three times
Wesley was in Louisville, and around players like Wagner, Kenny Payne
and Pervis Ellison constantly.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:34 PM by lonedingo93

Originally posted by lonedingo93:
I remember reading articles that WWW is involved with Duke as well and at one time was pretty involved with UL too.
Go away. Nobody cares what you think

He's never been involved with UNC.

UK, UL, and Duke are WWW bedfellows. It's funny to see one of you call out one of the other teams.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:36 PM by lonedingo93

Whatever...he wasn't influential then...he was just a groupie. He didn't hand recruits to Louisville. He has a negative influence on college basketball today. He didn't in 1986.

I don't blame you for taking the UK/Duke denial angle. The article specifically said he made most of his connections dealing with three of UL players.

He helped with your 80's titles and he's helped with Duke's and UK's titles.

This post was edited on 3/5 11:39 PM by lonedingo93

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT