ADVERTISEMENT

One More Open Scholarship

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The Cards have one more open scholarship now that Lee and Lewis are on board. Wondering who Pitino will go after- another transfer or freshman?

Snider
Lewis
Lee
Mitchell
Mangok
Onuaku
Stockman
Mahmoud
JJ
Adel
Spalding
McMahon

According to what I heard from Pitino's press conference yesterday, he told them he would see them next week with another commitment. Howie said this morning on the radio that they didn't know if he was kidding or not. Apparently 6'4" guard Coppin State transfer Sterling Smith visited last week; not sure if the door is still open for him or not.

Reactions: shadow force
you gotta give pitino credit for getting players to fill out his roster even if there one and dones

They are not one and done players. They are DONE and one players. Big difference. They're actually used to being college student-athletes.

I would think he is going to hold out as long as he can to see if Rowan can reclassify. If that is only a week then id say the chances of Rowan reclassing and committing to UofL by then are very slim based on what I've been hearing. Would love to get him in this class though

I heard UL didn't offer Sterling after the visit. He was "contained" on the few occasions they played good competition last season. I watched some film on him, although I'm definitely not an expert, I'm glad UL didn't get him. Now Maverick would be a HUGE get, but from all I've read the chances of him being able to re-classify are very slim.....but it sure would be nice. I hope he comes here regardless of which class he's in.

Reactions: real2it
Help me understand the 5th year graduate player........ When someone transfers to another school (UofL) to play basketball, after they graduate from a university, do they use a scholarship to play at the school (UofL) they transfered too. What are they going to class for on that final and last 5th year. I am just curious....thanks

Help me understand the 5th year graduate player........ When someone transfers to another school (UofL) to play basketball, after they graduate from a university, do they use a scholarship to play at the school (UofL) they transfered too. What are they going to class for on that final and last 5th year. I am just curious....thanks

A done and one player enrolls in a masters degree program so that they can still be considered student athletes.

I doubt they fill the spot. The Rowan kid is the only real option and that will take some time to play out. I doubt they would bring in another 5th year guy. He would have to be a very good and a great shooter at the 2 or 3. Most 5 year guys are going to want to get significant minutes. They have 11 legit players on the roster playing time is an issue. I think it could get messy if they brought in another guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT