ADVERTISEMENT

O Line Size

Got to love the length for pass blocking. That combined with Jack’s size could mean some exciting passes over the middle.

Reactions: shadow force
My only concern with portal players is they left their school because they weren’t happy with playing time.

Most of these kids transferring in, were playing before they left their previous school, and were projected to contribte had they stayed. I honestly believe their are folks in college football circles that recognize that Brohm is bringing some serious improvement to UL football, and will be one of those HCs who will not be leaving after experiencing success, which has been an issue here for so long.

A lot of portal transfers are kids who had lots of playing time, but now want to move up in level of competition.

Then there's the kids who felt they made a mistake with where they went and want to find a better fit.

And there's the kids who got into some kind of altercation with teammates or coaches and feel they need a change.

Then there's kids who see their best buddies transferring and they don't want to feel left out by staying around.

Most would never go through with it if they had to sit out a season. It's the vogue thing today to enter the portal. I'm sure some guys do it just to feel wanted.

Reactions: Mayoman
RSB:
According to 24/7; four of the five OL transfers coming to UL this coming season were starters at their previous schools. The one exception is Flores, who was a starter at Dartmouth before graduating from there and arriving at UVA. He was an academic All American for the Cavaliers, but no indication as to playing time, so I assume he did not start.

Attracting starting OL-men from Purdue, Rutgers and Houston is most impressive, and I believe each one are expected at the very least to contribute, if not challenge for starting positions here. The one Duquesne transfer Lumia, was a starter there, but his lack of D1 experience makes it difficult to project.

A lot of portal transfers are kids who had lots of playing time, but now want to move up in level of competition.

Then there's the kids who felt they made a mistake with where they went and want to find a better fit.

And there's the kids who got into some kind of altercation with teammates or coaches and feel they need a change.

Then there's kids who see their best buddies transferring and they don't want to feel left out by staying around.

Most would never go through with it if they had to sit out a season. It's the vogue thing today to enter the portal. I'm sure some guys do it just to feel wanted.
And then theirs the players that think the Cards offer better NIL deals

whether we like it or hate it, the NIL has long been needed. Schools make far more from these kids than the price of their scholarship, and many of these young folks struggle to balance practice, class, jobs and life. Fair is fair.
If it turns into a free agency bidding war, well....better minds than mine will have to figure it out. It would seem that Louisville has dived early and head long into NIL and it is working along with the hiring of a head coach known for a wide open offense.
The danger of NIL is that it really teeters on pay-for-play and buying kids rather than rewarding them. I wonder if there should be a stipulation that incoming frosh are not eligible for NIL until they actually play rather than holding out a carrot (carat??) to get them to come to whatever U they go to.

False assumption. There are a myriad number of reasons for leaving and that is or could be only one of them. One size does not fit all.
exactly and who was the guy who was a starter for the yankees and he got injured and lou gherig played the next 2100+ games? if you are playing behind one of the best who never comes out of the game, i'd rather leave than hope for an injury to them.

exactly and who was the guy who was a starter for the yankees and he got injured and lou gherig played the next 2100+ games? if you are playing behind one of the best who never comes out of the game, i'd rather leave than hope for an injury to them.
Wally Pipp took a day off because he had a headache and was replaced by Lou Gehrig at first base in 1925. Gehrig played every Yankee game until ALS sidelined him in 1939.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT