ADVERTISEMENT

O Line should be the emphasis

Aug 7, 2022
Not that Louisville’s line wasn’t good this season, as they were very good imo, but to reach the next level it has to be in run and pass blocking. Florida St showed us where we need to focus at.

I agree. OLine and Dline allow both units more flexibility in their schemes.

Hard to matchup up with that FSU defense. I want to see them full strength against Georgia.

There is no question that Jeff and his staff have demonstrated their emphasis in bringing large athletic OL and DL men into this program. Size is relative to the opponents; if athleticism, strength and speed were confined to those in the 280 to 290 range, it would eliminate those 330 and larger from contributing, but it is increasingly evident that more and more of these 330+ linemen are showing up in college football rosters and impacting the outcomes.

I am sure I am in the minority on this one, but I believe the FSU defense is going to cause major problems for UGA. I cannot predict a win for FSU, as there remains no evidence they can sustain any serious offensive attack ……but I think UGA will struggle adjusting to FSU’s defensive speed.

I am sure I am in the minority on this one, but I believe the FSU defense is going to cause major problems for UGA. I cannot predict a win for FSU, as there remains no evidence they can sustain any serious offensive attack ……but I think UGA will struggle adjusting to FSU’s defensive speed.
I agree 💯 % with this, as well as with the OP. FSU is absolutely elite, especially along that D-Line, thus our inability to run the ball against them. I think that all of us were pretty happy with our O-Line this year, but there’s a thin line between excellent and elite in the college football trenches. We have a great history of landing skill position players, but to truly get to the point of being a championship threat, we’ll have to step up our game there. I love the promise of Madden and Luke, just not sure they’ll be ready this year.

Not that Louisville’s line wasn’t good this season, as they were very good imo, but to reach the next level it has to be in run and pass blocking. Florida St showed us where we need to focus at.
I agree that the OL needs to be a focus. We lose Tyler, Miller, Hudson, Sowders and Flores and don't know if Brown comes back from injury. OL was supposed to be a strength coming into last season so it seems we need to be even better than what we thought we were going in. Couple that with an injury prone QB makes for a recipe of problems.

Reactions: RealStateBird
I think RB should be the next priority. With Jordan going pro, we have only 3 guys on the current roster that are rated at least 3 stars, Keyjuan Brown, Maurice Turner and Moorman. Have I missed something? Have we signed any RB in the portal?
Just got a commit from a backup running back from Miami. Probably need 1 more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT