ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame

I just knew we weren't going to at least tie the game in the 8th. That's now two straight innings loading the bases and getting just one run on a walk. We're just not swinging the bats well and when we do, it's right at someone.

What in the hell are we doing in game 2? Swinging at a bunch of pitches out of the strike zone. Beard just gave his at bat away. They must have been chewed out for all the 3rd strikes they have been taking.

And it continues with the replays. I hope so badly we face ND in the ACC tournament. It's ridiculous how frigging lucky they have been in this series.

Another anemic at bat by Beard. How does he not know this pitcher is throwing him sliders off the plate? Just an example of the guys not being focused. Their bodies are in South Bend but their minds are somewhere else.

Bunch of BIG swings instead of swinging through the pitch and just drive the ball. Not sure why they suddenly think they are the Bronx Bombers. .

They're pressing now, afraid of the realization they could get swept by a very average team. This series should definitely bring the Cards back down to Earth.

McDonnell needs to pick his starters and stick with it. The experimenting should be over.

Reactions: shutterbug
The offense is MIA. Bases loaded AGAIN and nothing to show for it. Yes, one run scored - because their pitcher hit our batter.

And look who was up for the Cards. Reserves.

But I have to admit the usual starters aren't doing much anyway. I do like Anderson and Cook against right handers.

Reactions: Bardman
Just…bad. No more Hawkins please. I’d rather have seen Forbes pinch hit. Tyeler just can’t get it done. Then Isaac just whiffs, whiffs and whiffs.

Hawkins is just not a good hitter. Here we have bases loaded again and we have bench players up at bat.

This has been a very pathetic effort at the plate this series. ND trying to give us a big inning and we just piss it away swinging for the fences.

I think we all were a little ahead of ourselves with this team. Other than those three games in Houston, we just haven't played anybody and no true road game.

Well, Isaac is a starter and he looked completely lost at the plate. That last play by Knap was maybe his best defensive play of the year-tough play, very smooth

I’d pump the brakes on the assumption that this Notre Dame team isn’t good. They went 2-4 in two ACC road series, one of those against Wake Forest and the other against Georgia Tech. They have many players back from a team that went to the College World Series. Attribute the slow start to being a northern team and having a new head coach.

Well I can see with my own eyes and there's not a whole lot there. Putz is their best hitter but after him, not a lot guys scare you at the plate.

As for pitching, it's mostly soft tossers. No one looked dynamic on the mound. They take advantage of undisciplined batters with a lot of junk.

A top 10 team who was looking to prove themselves would have swept the Irish this weekend. ND has scored just 10 runs in 3 games with one inning to go. Had the Cards hitters took this team seriously, they would have scored more than 6 runs in each game.

Don't see ND coming back from 5 or 6 runs.

Whew! Held on for the win. Great to have Kuehner for an extended relief appearance, and a one run lead!

Reactions: earsky
Well I can see with my own eyes and there's not a whole lot there. Putz is their best hitter but after him, not a lot guys scare you at the plate.

As for pitching, it's mostly soft tossers. No one looked dynamic on the mound. They take advantage of undisciplined batters with a lot of junk.

A top 10 team who was looking to prove themselves would have swept the Irish this weekend. ND has scored just 10 runs in 3 games with one inning to go. Had the Cards hitters took this team seriously, they would have scored more than 6 runs in each game.

Don't see ND coming back from 5 or 6 runs.

I saw a whole bunch of great defense, which stranded a bunch of our runners throughout the series. If their hitting picks up even a little, they will be an NCAA tourney team.

Cards have got to lead the nation in stranding runners. If they aren’t striking out, they hit the ball right at the defense. Not sure how you fix that.

Reactions: Bardman
Really glad to see we scratched one out.
Idk,there are scouting reports that indicate tendencies by some Cards to swing at breaking balls diving out of the zone. Quit obliging these pitchers by doing what they say you'll do. Pick up the spin on balls that start in the middle and lay off. Turn it into your advantage.
Good news is I'd rather be trying to figure it out now than 2 months from now.

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT