ADVERTISEMENT

Nothin like being 2-4 and our players are still smack talkin'

Why? Again... Lack of discipline.

The hard headed never learn.

Agree 100% You never talk the talk, unless you can walk the walk! In layman's words don't write checks with your mouth that your arse can't cash! So how does the crowe taste?

Last edited:
Lets not forget the fact that BC ran for 4,000 yards against YOUR defense on YOUR HOME FIELD just last year.

I realize TuTu wasn't here for that but he should know that.

Reactions: wilkie01

Petrino has to control what they say in the press conferences. This is embarrassing.
It's fear. Plain and simple. No other rational explanation. The player talking ish is scared and is trying to hide it. Petrino needs to stop allowing these kids to talk to the press because the fear and uncertainty is transparent.

I actually like it. The kid is a baller. Runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. Was considered by many as the best high school player in South Florida last year. He wasn't asked about how UofL's defense was going to stop Boston College's running game. He was asked about what he sees when he looks at the Boston College defense, and he told the press what he saw.

Once again ... he runs a legitimate 4.3 40-yard dash. That's faster than our Heisman Trophy winner. We don't have to worry about Tutu Atwell not walking the walk - it's everybody else on the team that needs to step up.

I actually like it. The kid is a baller. Runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. Was considered by many as the best high school player in South Florida last year. He wasn't asked about how UofL's defense was going to stop Boston College's running game. He was asked about what he sees when he looks at the Boston College defense, and he told the press what he saw.

Once again ... he runs a legitimate 4.3 40-yard dash. That's faster than our Heisman Trophy winner. We don't have to worry about Tutu Atwell not walking the walk - it's everybody else on the team that needs to step up.

I normally don't mind confidence from guys. But I just find it embarrassing to say anything like that when you've literally been one of the worst D1 teams in football this year, you've been embarrassed in some way or another in every game you've played AND they embarrassed you on your home field last year.

This literally how we looked at UK fans for so many years. Laughing stock team talking smack.

I normally don't mind confidence from guys. But I just find it embarrassing to say anything like that when you've literally been one of the worst D1 teams in football this year, you've been embarrassed in some way or another in every game you've played AND they embarrassed you on your home field last year.

This literally how we looked at UK fans for so many years. Laughing stock team talking smack.

Once again, why would any of that matter to Tutu Atwell? He wasn't on the team last year when we were "embarrassed" by Boston College (I'd quibble with your definition of "embarrassed", but that's a discussion for another time).

Last week he became one of the first freshman UofL receivers in many years to catch two TD passes in a single game. He's probably thinking "it's about damned time you got me into the game and got me the ball, Coach Petrino!" He's from South Florida and doesn't care that UofL fans don't want to be embarrassed for "looking like UK fans." And he sure as hell doesn't think of himself as looking anything like a UK player.

I actually love the confidence. I just want to see him and his teammates back it up with a big win in Boston this Saturday. And then I want to watch him torch UK's defense with that 4.3 speed two days after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Mayoman
I don't think there's anything wrong with taking up for the kid, but I'd prefer that the guys didn't tip their hands.

Why help them(BC) gain any balance when the idea is to keep them off balance.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
Once again, why would any of that matter to Tutu Atwell? He wasn't on the team last year when we were "embarrassed" by Boston College (I'd quibble with your definition of "embarrassed", but that's a discussion for another time).

Last week he became one of the first freshman UofL receivers in many years to catch two TD passes in a single game. He's probably thinking "it's about damned time you got me into the game and got me the ball, Coach Petrino!" He's from South Florida and doesn't care that UofL fans don't want to be embarrassed for "looking like UK fans." And he sure as hell doesn't think of himself as looking anything like a UK player.

I actually love the confidence. I just want to see him and his teammates back it up with a big win in Boston this Saturday. And then I want to watch him torch UK's defense with that 4.3 speed two days after Thanksgiving.

No one on a 2-4 team that has yet to beat a P5 team and barely i mean BARELY beat a garbage C-USA team shouldnt be talkin s#it about anything.

Didnt the Junior/Senior receivers state they were better than Alabama's secondary because they were freshmen. How'd that work out for them.

Theres confidence and there is cockiness.
Beat them then talk s#it

As far as SuCkS, they can go to he__

It's not confidence. It's a freshman saying stupid stuff to get his opponent fired up. Bulletin board material. The Cards need every advantage they can get. This doesn't help, and you are fully aware it doesn't. But, you've got to maintain the facade that Petrino is great and everything is wonderful.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
It's not confidence. It's a freshman saying stupid stuff to get his opponent fired up. Bulletin board material. The Cards need every advantage they can get. This doesn't help, and you are fully aware it doesn't. But, you've got to maintain the facade that Petrino is great and everything is wonderful.

Not going to get in an argument with you about this. But we can definitely agree that everything is not wonderful.

We’ve gone 2-9 with great coaches running the show before. We survived that, and we will this, as well.

Atwell’s comments may hurt, or they may help to get this team fired up, confident in their abilities and focused. We’ll find out Saturday.

Reactions: Mayoman
I’ve come to the conclusion that all of this “smack talk” is more of a cultural thing than reality. What I don’t understand is when you are getting your ass beat and you smack talk the opposition. WTH just go back to your position and get ready for the next play and SHUT THE HELL UP. If you are 2-4 then it is YOU that have something to prove. Not the other way around. Our coaches need to get a handle on this stuff.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

More power to him I guess, at least he's confident. I just wouldn't do it if I were playing a team we're 2 TD dogs to and while he may have just had a good game the program that he plays for just got embarrassed on national tv and is in the worst condition its been in, in a decade.

Confidence is saying what you think that you do well - or more importantly within the framework of team sports - what your TEAM does well. In either event, it has nothing to do with running down someone else abilities - particularly when you haven't done jack shit.

Gotta believe that Petrino letting freshmen speak to the media is due to the recruiting lagging. "Come to UofL and not only will you play as a freshman, we'll give you the air time that you know you deserve!"

Reactions: vegasville1
Please bear with me.

I know it's a new day for this generation, but "There isn't anything new under the sun".

The only team members that should be talking to the media should be the coaches because they are getting paid and the captains because they were chosen the represent the team. Everyone else needs to keep their big mouths shut during the season.

Also, once again, why is the football team staying at Hilton Garden Inn for a home game? They should be at the great facilities that were built by their predecessors preparing for the game.

Go CARDS! Beat BC.

Please bear with me.

I know it's a new day for this generation, but "There isn't anything new under the sun".

The only team members that should be talking to the media should be the coaches because they are getting paid and the captains because they were chosen the represent the team. Everyone else needs to keep their big mouths shut during the season.

Also, once again, why is the football team staying at Hilton Garden Inn for a home game? They should be at the great facilities that were built by their predecessors preparing for the game.

Go CARDS! Beat BC.

They have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the night before home games for years

Reactions: gocds

Go CARDS! Beat BC.
Not all of them live in our great facilities. They are spread out.

They get em together, in ONE place for meals, meetings, and to make sure there are no pre-game-night shenanigans. ;)

Not all of them live in our great facilities. They are spread out.

They get em together, in ONE place for meals, meetings, and to make sure there are no pre-game-night shenanigans. ;)

Its surprising to me that with as much money as there is in college athletics there aren't massive multimillion dollar complexes that the entire teams live in.

Im all for a social media ban while football/ basketball is in season. Cuts down on players saying stupid things.

Petrino has to control what they say in the press conferences. This is embarrassing.
He may be right...but speed is not the defining characteristic of the best defenses...discipline, understanding, communication, vision all trumps speed...unless it's a huge speed advantage, but let's not kid ourselves; if they are "slow", it's marginal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT