ADVERTISEMENT

NFL planning on FULL stadiums this coming season. I think it's all or nothing for college football

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...s-until-medical-community-tells-us-otherwise/

NFL planning on full stadiums this coming fall. They have back up plans (half and quarter full stadiums) but it's full steam ahead otherwise.

How this effects the college game is up in the air. But I guarantee it will.

It was the NBA acting that shut down the conference tourneys, and later March Madness. The NFL will carry as much if not more weight, given their status as king of the US sporting world.

There's been lots of chatter about social distancing and half full stadiums in the college game next year. I don't think that is remotely possible. How the hell do you figure out how to half fill a stadium? Priority points? And then how do you enforce it, keeping people from congregating in closer quarters while the game goes on? Good luck with that.

In my opinion, there is only two options for college football next year --- NO FANS AT ALL, or NO RESTRICTIONS.

And my money is on them going NO RESTRICTIONS, barring a dramatic up tick in infectious rates. Thankfully, things are trending in the right direction now, and God willing, they'll keep going that way. Sure, there'll be plenty of no shows, as there are a lot of folks spooked by this thing. But that will be their choice.

Reactions: real2it and gocds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News