ADVERTISEMENT

NFL cuts tomorrow - Reggie Bonnafon likely to suffer this fate (link)

Pervis_Griffith

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Commanders' site trying to predict who ultimately gets the axe tomorrow. All NFL teams have to go from 85 to 80 by tomorrow night.

Reggie's chances were long at making the final 53-man roster as the Commanders RB room is pretty well stocked. Maybe he could grab one of the practice squad spots (I think there are 16 of these, giving all teams a total of 69, but I am not positive on this.)

Reggie made a bonehead play in pre-season game 1 against his former team the Panthers -- he taunted a defender resulting in a penaltiy. Other than that, he did pretty good -- couple of nice runs, and catch, and some solid blitz pickups. But I see the NFL is fining him almost $5K for his taunting ... OUCH.

Anyway .... here's the relevant part of the story ....

Projecting the Commanders’ roster cuts before 80-man deadline​

Reggie Bonnafon, RB​

In a perfect world, the Commanders would keep all the running backs on their offseason roster. Unfortunately, you can only carry 53 players during the regular season and Bonnafon finds himself on the chopping block given he’s buried behind Brian Robinson, Antonio Gibson, JD McKissic, Jaret Patterson and Jonathan Williams.

The fact Patterson and Williams could miss out on the final roster means Bonnafon fate is pretty much sealed even if he isn’t cut this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News