ADVERTISEMENT

New NCAA Prez talks NIL and players as employees...

the artist FKA zipp

4500+
Gold Member
May 29, 2022
LINK

"I've actually had a lot of student-athletes tell me they would rather be student-athletes than be employees for a whole bunch of reasons...

...the goal here should be to figure out how to deal with this issue in a way that actually addresses some of the concerns people have about the very successful and financially successful programs, recognizing that there are literally hundreds of thousands of student-athletes who don't play in those programs and for whom the idea of being an employee is really not an attractive one...”

LINK

"I've actually had a lot of student-athletes tell me they would rather be student-athletes than be employees for a whole bunch of reasons...

...the goal here should be to figure out how to deal with this issue in a way that actually addresses some of the concerns people have about the very successful and financially successful programs, recognizing that there are literally hundreds of thousands of student-athletes who don't play in those programs and for whom the idea of being an employee is really not an attractive one...”
First, this isn't going away anytime soon and, second, UofL is NOT the only school having these issues. In fact, virtually every school in the USA is/will have these issues and the end is not in sight. We can all (UofL, UK and IU fans) bitch and moan but the fact remains that this issue will be with us so long as athletic "scholarships" exist(s) and, believe me, they will be with us until hell freezes over.

GO CARDS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT