ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Super Regionals

PushupMan

25000+
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Two ACC teams (NC State and Notre Dame) are having to play road warriors to earn CWS spots. Virginia has a “neutral site” series with Dallas Baptist in Columbia, South Carolina.

Virginia evened up their series with Dallas Baptist with a 4-0 win earlier today. Game 3 will be tomorrow.

NC State and #1 Arkansas are tied at 1 win apiece and are battling in game 3 right now. State just homered to take a 3-2 lead in the top of the 9th.

Notre Dame lost game 1 at Mississippi State, but has a 7 run lead in the 8th and has a great chance to force game 3 tomorrow.

We swept NC State down there in March, 13-1, 6-3 and 8-3. Even chased their star 97MPH ace pitcher Evan Justice in the 13-1 game. Now they're headed to Omaha. Funny how it works.

Reactions: Deeva
If ND beats MSU, and UVA were to beat DBU in their elimination games today; it means that UL will have won 7 out of the 9 games played against 4 teams earning trips to Omaha.

Big “ifs” here, and hindsight being what it is; this might be meaningless to most observers. However, I believe UL was deserving of an invitation, and the ACC was not as “down” as many had expressed going into this tournament.

Having to win twice in Starkville, and twice in Fayetteville is a huge challenge for anyone.

Who has punched their ticket so far? Vandy, UT, NCST, and there are a handful of deciding games today. With LSU now out, their coaching search becomes must see TV. <EDIT> I see Stanford and Zona also punched their tickets.

If ND beats MSU, and UVA were to beat DBU in their elimination games today; it means that UL will have won 7 out of the 9 games played against 4 teams earning trips to Omaha.

Big “ifs” here, and hindsight being what it is; this might be meaningless to most observers. However, I believe UL was deserving of an invitation, and the ACC was not as “down” as many had expressed going into this tournament.

Having to win twice in Starkville, and twice in Fayetteville is a huge challenge for anyone.
Nope, sorry it doesn’t translate. Louisville finished horribly while NC State flourished. You only have to go as far as how we were playing, not judge teams by how they did against others.

Nope, sorry it doesn’t translate. Louisville finished horribly while NC State flourished. You only have to go as far as how we were playing, not judge teams by how they did against others.
"Finished horribly" is both understated and perfectly said.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Go Ginny. Never thought I had it in me to cheer them on. Tonight is Go Irish.

Can’t support ND. They’re a fake ACC team. Rooting for former Louisville coach, Chris Lemonis!
I'll probably cheer them on, but they did bail on game 3 of our regular season matchup after securing their first win over the Cards in 10 years due to "weather conditions." Spoiler Alert! There weren't any weather conditions. I do hate the SEC. Plus, those GD cow bells! Go Irish!

I can’t see where the 12-team playoff will encourage Notre Dame football to join the ACC. The proposal is to take 6 conference champions and 6 at large teams. Notre Dame will be very happy to keep their NBC contract with the expectation that they will be one of the top 6 at large teams in many seasons.

It is intriguing that the top 4 conference champions get byes, but I expect that Notre Dame will be more than happy to get a home playoff game (as seed 5-8) instead of having to play in a conference championship game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT