ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Regional Final - Louisville vs. Wright State

Looks like runs are going to be a precious commodity today with these pitchers. Don't want to get behind.

Reactions: Deeva
Louisville fails to bring in Rosey after a lead off double in to right center

Bot 3rd Lou 0 WSU. 0

WSU starts with lead off single through the right side and advances runner to 3rdbut fails to score when Tiberi cuts off a dribbler to end the inning.
Top 4 Lou 0 WSU 0

Leaving a lot of runners stranded with some very aggressive base running. Hope it doesn't bite us in the butt. Still leading 3-0 in the bottom of the 7th.

Burdi threw so hard in warm up he knocked Smith's palm pad out of his glove.

Wright State makes it interesting in the 9th with 2 hits, but the Cards shut it down to win 3-1.

Nick Solak was the difference in the game,but Harrington was phenomenal.

Reactions: Deeva
Burdi (like his brother) has an incredible amount of talent but, for someone that has electric stuff - including triple digits - the situation is far from lights out when he comes in. Both guys seem to outthink themselves and make things more difficult than they need to be.

Reactions: American Male
Burdi (like his brother) has an incredible amount of talent but, for someone that has electric stuff - including triple digits - the situation is far from lights out when he comes in. Both guys seem to outthink themselves and make things more difficult than they need to be.
I used to think exactly this,but he's really come a long ways just since earlier in this season.When you can throw it 100 mph,the other team pretty much sits on that pitch.He used to oblige them,but he is setting up that heat by popping those off speed pitches early in the counts.Like Funk,he has to be able to hit the strike zone early with the off speed.The second half of the season,he's become pretty good.

Supposedly the one chink in our armor is the bridge between our starters and Burdi, which is why I think Dan likes to go with Burdi for a 2 inning save. I wish Henzman or even kidston could fill that role in between.

How many other tea
I used to think exactly this,but he's really come a long ways just since earlier in this season.When you can throw it 100 mph,the other team pretty much sits on that pitch.He used to oblige them,but he is setting up that heat by popping those off speed pitches early in the counts.Like Funk,he has to be able to hit the strike zone early with the off speed.The second half of the season,he's become pretty good.
That 89 MPH slider he has is just a nasty pitch to try to hit.

The issues that I have seen have not necessarily been with his fastball. It's when he tries to get cute and I don't think the batter. He has the tendency (or had) of getting behind in the count with his second and third best pitch and then hitters are of course sitting on his fastball. I will say that the younger Burdi seems to have more run on his fastball (2 seam vs. 4 seam) than his big brother did. Either way - for whatever reason, I was nervous when they brought Zack in and I'm nervous when they bring Nick in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT