ADVERTISEMENT

NC State

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Not impressed, especially that offense. They have no running game. Armstrong the QB leads them in rushing.

ND was much better than them but Hartman is still prone to fumbling when hit. Something the Cards know very well.

Brohm will probably game plan to score early with big plays. Force NC State to come from behind in the 1st quarter.

Then let loose the pass rush and harass Hartman into more turnovers.

If the Cards do beat NC State and are 5-0, they will beat ND. The fanbase will go crazy and praying at the same time that there's no serious injuries to key players.

It could get very interesting from there on. This season the playoff is up for grabs more than ever. I have yet to see a overwhelming team. Bluebloods are struggling all over the place. For me, the most impressive team has been Colorado. Deion's son is a star in the making.

Cards are so much better than IU and BC. Any trepidation about these next two games is just habit from the Satterfield years. All the Cards players are playing for Brohm's attention. There's no time for overlooking opponents or feeling satisfied. Brohm won't allow it. You want to play, you pay attention to what the coach wants.

Still, Jack Plummer is going to have to get more consistent. Everything rely's on him. He's not the only 6th year senior QB not playing up to par in the young season. He just needs to stop worrying.

So far so good on my 10 win prediction. The college football landscape is exactly what I expected it to be. This could get very cool.

Reactions: SoulSr
1 game at a time. That’s all.

We spent a month talking about how GT wasn’t that good and Jeff would come out blazing wanting blood in game 1. It didn’t work out that way. Power 5 football is tough. We aren’t a team with a massive talent advantage over every opponent we play.

As for NC State? I mean we can win, we also can lose. Judging them playing a Notre Dame team with a huge talent advantage isn’t really going to tell us how the game will go against us.

I think we play IU before NCST; btw, ND defense had a lot to do with the difficulty that NCST had running the football.

My thoughts on season haven't changed. I'm along for the ride. Nothing stands out except the exceptional play of 3 or 4 pretty good players. Every game is a test in some form. Guardman Jr commented the Cards may get off to their best season start ever in terms of W/L. One game at a time. Lots of opportunity to fix things. We'll see what happens in Indy and go from there.

Reactions: Mayoman
New staffs it takes time to implement their systems. The talent level of those players can speed up the process. IU game probably isn’t going to be easy.

College football is week to week. The talent gap between for most Power 5 teams isn’t that big. Everyone has good players and coaches. Almost everyone has a dud game you just hope it is against team that is far less talented.

Reactions: rh62531
I think we play IU before NCST; btw, ND defense had a lot to do with the difficulty that NCST had running the football.
Look at NC State's first game where they couldn't run the ball against Uconn. Armstrong was the leading rusher in that game too.

I started this thread because NC State is supposed to be the Cards first big test. I know we play IU and BC before them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT