ADVERTISEMENT

NC State predictions

This one is intriguing to me especially considering Pitino's record in the Sweet 16 and the fact that the Cards lost to this team at home and pretty much sleeped walked through the game in the regular season. My primary concern about this game and really all games going forward for this team is foul trouble.

This is a really good and dangerous NC State team, but we all know Pitino will have a few wrinkles for them tonight. We have heard all the talk about NC State's guards and their athletic ability and the big guy inside.... It will be interesting to see how Pitino defends tonight.

I think the Cards win this one by 10 with good to great defense. This one should be played at a faster pace which tends to lend itself to the Cards playing better overall ball. We will see.
This post was edited on 3/27 9:09 AM by LouisvilleKid79

Cards 82 Pack 67

Do I think we are that much better? No. But all that is playing in my head is killing Zona in that sweet 16 game a few years ago. Ricks teams, for some reason, just absolutely kill it in the round of 16. And the game aren't even close! I think this one turns out the same way. Only thing I worry about is all the flying and time changes they have been through in the last week. That can take a toll on your body!

It's quite simple. I don't make a prediction.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Shhhh... Thats not a prediction.

If Snider can score 10-15 pts again I think you guys win by 8-10. He's been a nice addition. He can't defend like Jones did but he seems to score about as much with half the offensive usage.

Originally posted by LouisvilleKid79:

This one is intriguing to me especially considering Pitino's record in the Sweet 16 and the fact that the Cards lost to this team at home and pretty much sleeped walked through the game in the regular season. My primary concern about this game and really all games going forward for this team is foul trouble.

This is a really good and dangerous NC State team, but we all know Pitino will have a few wrinkles for them tonight. We have heard all the talk about NC State's guards and their athletic ability and the big guy inside.... It will be interesting to see how Pitino defends tonight.

I think the Cards win this one by 10 with good to great defense. This one should be played at a faster pace which tends to lend itself to the Cards playing better overall ball. We will see.

I can see that concern, but primary concern is the same all year - shooting. We can be horrid offensively sometimes and if we are we will lose. If we shoot well we have a chance against anyone in the tournament.

Originally posted by baseball32fan:

Originally posted by LouisvilleKid79:

I can see that concern, but primary concern is the same all year - shooting. We can be horrid offensively sometimes and if we are we will lose. If we shoot well we have a chance against anyone in the tournament.
Good point. This Cards team tends to shoot better when they are getting deflections, runouts and are overall locked in on defense. The offense concerns me when teams slow the game down and the Cards are not getting stops, deflections and runouts/transition baskets. The offense feeds off of the defense. Their half-court offense and shooting looks better in these uptempo games as well. NC State is going to run or at least that is what I am expecting to see. I am expecting this to be an uptempo game. We will see in just a few short hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT