ADVERTISEMENT

NC State Beats Duke 74-69

Feb 3, 2014
I guess they gained so much confidence in beating us they are now on a roll!!

Next up…Watching Coach Drew in the Big XII tournament.

I guess they gained so much confidence in beating us they are now on a roll!!

Next up…Watching Coach Drew in the Big XII tournament.
They have a few good players.

Not sure what to make of the nepotism style hire at Duke. Still real early. But their guy getting 5* funnel with the quick ACC exit. I'm sure ACC commish not happy. We know Coach K isn't either. He probably yelled at some refs walking out of his luxury box.

Reactions: OldhamCard335

Not sure what to make of the nepotism style hire at Duke. Still real early. But their guy getting 5* funnel with the quick ACC exit. I'm sure ACC commish not happy. We know Coach K isn't either. He probably yelled at some refs walking out of his luxury box.
Did you honestly believe that Scheyer or anybody for that matter was going to step right in and match what Coach K was doing? We should know all about how hard it is to replace a legend....

Maybe their guy taking over for Coach K is like when Joey Meyer took over DePaul for Ray Meyer. Not a bloodline son of Coach K obviously but a hand picked successor and then the program goes downhill. Tune in to find out!

As bad as the last few years have been... If we hadn't fired Pitino, I think he would have retired from UofL by now and installed his son Richard in his place. I'm just really glad we don't have to deal with that. And maybe we get a great coach next.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Don't think that would be the case. Had Pitino not been fired he would still be here and we would be vying for our usual #4 seed in the dance.

Reactions: vivid_red
Don't think that would be the case. Had Pitino not been fired he would still be here and we would be vying for our usual #4 seed in the dance.
I think he retires with his peers Coach K, Roy, Wright and Boeheim. These old guys don't want to deal with NIL and the transfer portal. He's stuck coaching now because he's trying to repair his legacy.

But even if he was still coaching, that'd just mean Richard would be in our future, like he is for St. Johns. Shudder.

• Haha
Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I think he retires with his peers Coach K, Roy, Wright and Boeheim. These old guys don't want to deal with NIL and the transfer portal. He's stuck coaching now because he's trying to repair his legacy.

But even if he was still coaching, that'd just mean Richard would be in our future, like he is for St. Johns. Shudder.
I agree that he’s doing some damage control but, I think it’s more that coaching is what he loves and there’s no 2nd place. I mean - who goes to Greece on a rehab tour?

Dude is like a shark - if he quits swimming, he dies…

It seems that dude who used to coach for UL is good luck in the tournament if you were our first round opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT