ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts (and predictions) For The Rest of The Season...You?

besok1

800+
Oct 27, 2010
Louisville, KY
I picked Penn State to beat OSU. Just like I picked Navy and SMU to beat Houston (and I told people on here, that were claiming Houston was the best or second best team on our schedule, that they weren't). I also told everyone that would listen that, Michigan State was not as good as their pre season ranking, Florida State and Clemson were not as good (I still stand by my Clemson claim, they didn't beat us "we" beat us, and we would win that game in PJCS or a neutral field........BIG), Washington is not as good as people think, and I predict will lose to Utah this weekend. Michigan State will give Michigan a battle, but ultimately Michigan has too many weapons for them. West Virginia is ripe to lose at Oklahoma State (although I don't have a good "feel" for that one). Wisconsin will knock Nebraska from the ranks of the unbeaten, and Florida State, "could" beat Clemson, in what I would not call an upset (this depends on which Florida State team shows up, my pick FSU).

Here's how I see the rest of the season playing out......we will win out, destroying Virginia next week, and Boston College the following week. We come home, and have a tough one against Wake Forest, then go to Houston and run rough shod over them! Then there's Kentucky........well, we will keep them from being bowl eligible for the third year in a row (come on MIZZOU, LOL). The rest of the chips and how they fall....LSU and Ed Orgeron will knock off Alabama in Baton Rouge, the 5th. Baylor loses at Oklahoma on the 12th, along with Tennessee throttling Kentucky. Depending on what time the game is, Pitt could beat Clemson at Clemson (early game, this is my pick) or not (late game). Texas will upset West Virginia, trying to save Charlie Strong's job (it won't) and Maryland will beat Ohio State at home, in what I am calling "Upset Saturday for 2016". The 19th, Oklahoma knocks off West Virginia in Morgantown. Then the final weekend of the regular season, LSU knocks off A &M and names Ed Orgeron permanent head coach. Washington loses to Washington State (knocking them from the Playoff conversation, even though I think their loss to Utah does that). Michigan beats Ohio State, for OSU's 3rd loss of the season. That leaves us with....... Michigan 12-0 going into the Big 10 championship game against Wisconsin. Alabama 11-1 going into the $EC championship game against Florida. And......wait for it.......Louisville 11-1 going into the ACC championship game against North Carolina. It also leaves an 11-1 Baylor as they beat West Virginia on Dec. 3rd. Wisconsin upsets Michigan in the Big Ten championship, but still doesn't make the playoffs due to 2 losses. Alabama takes out their anger about not going undefeated, on Florida, and the CARDS dismantle North Carolina. Leaving NO undefeated teams this season.

My playoffs...........#1 Alabama vs. #4 Baylor and #2 Louisville vs. #3 Michigan, with Alabama over the Baylor, and Louisville over Michigan in the closest game we play this season. Then our CARDS over mighty Alabama........putting to rest the theory of the $EC being the best conference in football (which all you have to do is watch the $EC East, to see that they are not).

That's why, I think OSU's loss, this weekend helps us vs. hurts us. OSU is very young, and they were exposed by a very young and under manned Penn State. Clemson lost A LOT from last years defense, and DeShaun Watson is a fraud (always has been in my mind). Florida State lost a ton from last year, Michigan is THE team of the future to be dealt with, along with the CARDS. Washington is a year away. Alabama IS Alabama and will ALWAYS be in the discussion for as long as Nick Saban is there. A &M is up and coming.....again, LOL. And Wisconsin is the second best team in the Big Ten, tying with OSU in the near future.

Tom Herman will replace Charlie Strong at Texas. Brian Kelly survives at Notre Dame....for another year. Gus Malzahn survives at Auburn. Mark Stoops survives at Kentucky (and I love it). Clay Helton is given ONE more year at USC. Illinois is regretting hiring Lovie Smith (and Garrick McGee cries in his sleep over leaving UofL and Lamar Jackson). Steve Addazio is fired at Boston College and replaced by PJ Fleck (Western Michigan) which he will immediately regret, but will give the ACC arguably the BEST coaches in ALL of college football. Jeff Brohm remains at Western (even though Boston College offers), and Scott Satterfield (Appalachian State) takes over for Tom Herman at Houston.

Of course, these are only my thoughts, and could ALL be wrong, LOL. But, this is how I come to these conclusions, I am not a genius, a football guru or a know it all. I cannot see into the future, I did not play college football (high school is as high as I went), and I DON'T know more than ANYBODY else! I just get these "feelings" about these things. The same "feelings" I got before the 1980 NCAA Tournament, the 1986 NCAA Tournament, The 2013 NCAA Tournament, and the 2012 Sugar Bowl. The only time, my "feelings" have been wrong.....1978 when we lost Larry Williams to foot injury for the season, if we hadn't, I feel like we would have won our FIRST NCAA National Championship that year. The only other time, 1981 and US Reed......enough said about that! Hope my "feelings" are right about this year, but it's fun just trying to guess! GO CARDS!

Rate now:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News