ADVERTISEMENT

Monday afternoon update on UofL…

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
I’ve talked with numerous sources throughout the course of the day, and here’s what I’ve gathered:

- Vince had a plan in place to make a change from Satterfield to Brohm.

- I confirmed with another source that Neeli WAS involved in some sort of meeting on Friday.

- I don’t think Neeli is necessarily attached to Satterfield or completely against making a move. However, she stepped in the way of a Satterfield/Brohm swap. She wanted Vince to do a lengthy hiring process, where he interviewed a ton of candidates with a variety of different backgrounds.

- Vince wanted to make the moves quickly, and Neeli was against that part. Vince would have taken all kinds of heat if it came out that he fired Satterfield, and was interviewing other candidates, instead of locking Brohm up right away.

- I’ve been assured that money wasn’t an issue, and didn’t prevent anything.

- So what’s next? I don’t think Neeli is necessarily against a football coaching change, but she isn’t going to go for hiring Brohm right away.

- The relationship between Vince and Neeli was fractured enough, that this was the final straw.

- I do think Chris Mack future is murky, at best, and the Level 2 violations looming could end up haunting the Mack tenure.

- And that’s where the gripe is with Neeli for me. She IS influencing decisions on basketball & football.

- The blame at the end of the day technically falls on Neeli here, but you can blame the disconnect between the two more than anything.

- There is a meeting tonight at 5 PM between the BOT, and a meeting tomorrow morning at 9 AM between the ULAA.

- Nothing would surprise me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News