ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell 'ready to win' with Louisville

Cardiotonic

4000+
Nov 18, 2001
Jody Demling

University of Louisville freshman Donovan Mitchell is the newcomer on the roster coming to the Cardinals' program with the most hype and he's ready to back it up. Mitchell has been on campus for a month and is ready to start winning.

Donovan Mitchell has been on the University of Louisville campus for almost a month.

Mitchell, the highest-ranked incoming freshman in the Cardinals' top-10 class, said in a recent interview that he is anxious to get his college career going after a hype-filled senior season at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H.

He's enrolled in classes and has been working out with the Cardinals since early June.

"I'm just trying to keep working and keep trying to get better and better," Mitchell said. "I know there's a lot for me to improve on and I want to make sure that I do that at Louisville.

"I'm ready to get going because I just want to win."

MItchell said prior to enrolling at U of L that he spoke several times to U of L coach Rick Pitino about his specific role and noted the coach told him he "needed to be somewhat of a leader. We have a young team."

"I'm good with whatever helps us win," Mitchell said.

Mitchell comes to U of L after rising from unranked this time last season to the No. 17 prospect in the country. He was named MVP of the Jordan Brand Classic Regional game and the Kentucky Derby Classic in April.

Mitchell sounds like a good kid and basketball player from everything I've read about him.

I hope he has a great freshman season at UofL.

I am going to put this out there right now.

Something tells me the kid makes those "I'm trying to hard mistakes" his first couple games, but shows flashes.

By the time we start getting into the meat of the schedule, he's going to be beasting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT