ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan

Team momentum right now seems bad.
I was really hoping to see the team use the ACC tournament to get warmer,ala Michigan and the Big Ten tournament.
Didn't happen. Rest assured that if they can come out of this regional,they will have a ton of momentum.

I was really hoping to see the team use the ACC tournament to get warmer,ala Michigan and the Big Ten tournament.
Didn't happen. Rest assured that if they can come out of this regional,they will have a ton of momentum.
May take more than they have to win 3 straight vs Oregon/Michigan. I'll be there today, as yesterday, as the day before.

May take more than they have to win 3 straight vs Oregon/Michigan. I'll be there today, as yesterday, as the day before.
I hear Guardman, but one day at a time. I will be there too. Gotta beat OR, then we will have some Mojo for a second shot at the Wolverines!

Where players are positioned - coach. Approach at the plate (don’t swing at the first pitch or do swing) - coach. To bunt or not to bunt - coach. When to have oitchers warm in the bullpen - coach.
With that being said - UM just beat us. They had timely hitting, they hit the ball hard, their pitchers threw strikes and they got the bounces. We didn’t. CDM has relied on his hitters to hit and generate runs this year - I mean, these guys have hit really well the vast majority of the season. Yet, recently that has not been the case. IMO he needs to figure out how to generate runs and put pressure on the defense. Getting guys into scoring position will do that.
Agree but your last sentence. The players have to get on base.. He can’t do that for them.

Reactions: Bardman and cocoa
Before we close the book on this game,gotta ask is that a milder version of the Vandy whistler I'm hearing from that Michigan cheering section?
😡

Where players are positioned - coach. Approach at the plate (don’t swing at the first pitch or do swing) - coach. To bunt or not to bunt - coach. When to have oitchers warm in the bullpen - coach.
With that being said - UM just beat us. They had timely hitting, they hit the ball hard, their pitchers threw strikes and they got the bounces. We didn’t. CDM has relied on his hitters to hit and generate runs this year - I mean, these guys have hit really well the vast majority of the season. Yet, recently that has not been the case. IMO he needs to figure out how to generate runs and put pressure on the defense. Getting guys into scoring position will do that.
So true. We need to put a crooked number up in the early innings so the guys can relax. Maybe moving guys around could spark something?

For example, I could see Usher leading off with a single, steal 2nd base and have the Cards best clutch hitter, Payton driving him in. After two batters, Cards have scored.

Of course that could happen with Knap and Metzinger but they're not as good as the other two. Just my opinion.

However they do it, the Cards have to score often today to have any chance. I don't really see a reason not to change things up.

So true. We need to put a crooked number up in the early innings so the guys can relax. Maybe moving guys around could spark something?

For example, I could see Usher leading off with a single, steal 2nd base and have the Cards best clutch hitter, Payton driving him in. After two batters, Cards have scored.

Of course that could happen with Knap and Metzinger but they're not as good as the other two. Just my opinion.

However they do it, the Cards have to score often today to have any chance. I don't really see a reason not to change things up.
Maybe because we won without changing everything up..

Michigan Starter for game 2: LHP Angelo Smith

1-2 in 13.2 IP, 11.85 ERA, 15 Ks, 10 Walks, 7 HBP, 29 hits, 1 HR, WHIP slightly above 2.85. Given up an earned in in his last 9 outings and only got more than 2 outs in 2 of those outings.

Louisville will start Riley Phillips

Reactions: earsky
Michigan Starter for game 2: LHP Angelo Smith

1-2 in 13.2 IP, 11.85 ERA, 15 Ks, 10 Walks, 7 HBP, 29 hits, 1 HR, WHIP slightly above 2.85. Given up an earned in in his last 9 outings and only got more than 2 outs in 2 of those outings.

Louisville will start Riley Phillips
Wow! 39 baseunners in only 13.2 innings. Cards got to knock him out in the first inning.

Another off speed type guy probably.
We're awake anyway. We'll see if they can parlay the momentum.
Anybody got a start time?

It certainly looks like the Cards are not tight at the plate but is it due to the bad Michigan pitchers? I'm sure Michigan has some good pitchers for tomorrow but they may have awakened the Cards.

Riley Phillips is smokin'.

We're a completely different offense with Masterman becoming a home run threat again.
Look out when the Big Three get it going at the same time. They're surrounded by some guys having nice weekends.

Looks like we get Kuehner at some point tomorrow if this holds.
I know we were speculating earlier about that.

We have a lot of a available arms for Monday!! Unfortunately I think the game time will really stunt what could have been a BIG crowd.

Now, what tha hell? Game is at noon tomorrow? They were telling us 6pm. Gar!

Was slotted for 6PM. Then I heard CDM mention 12PM. Then they said we won’t know for sure until other games are completed today 😢🤪. Looks like rain chances really start up about 5PM. They could start around 2PM and probably be safe - more people could probably get there too.

Reactions: Sultan__of__Swine
Amazing to see how much CDM was able to learn about college baseball over Saturday night. Some of you need to spend more time listening to Dan explain what is actually going on with his team, as a way to better understand that pitching rotation, batting order and even micromanaging as to what each hitter does on each at-bat, is not what distinguishes the difference between winning and losing. Players either execute or not, and the Head Coach cannot be responsible for scoring 3 runs one day, and 20 runs the next day against the same opponent. How could anyone predict Poland’s near perfect 2 and 2/3rd innings, only to give up a single on the potential 3rd out to a kid hitting .189? Then giving up 2 consecutive HRs? Coaching had absolutely nothing to do with that.

No question about the much improved hitting we witnessed yesterday, particularly against Michigan. While we can all appreciate the offensive success at the plate, it would be a horrible oversight to miss just how bad the Michigan pitching was. The Wolverine rotation spend virtually all day behind our hitters. The 3 walks in the first inning was a pretty good indication of just how easy it is to score runs when the opposing pitcher is struggling to find the strike zone.

I can imagine tomorrow the Michigan pitchers are going to be instructed to focus on throwing strikes.

I will say he took the opportunity to manufacture runs. When Cam came up that time after hitting a HR it was a perfect time to bunt. I told my friend that is what should happen but still…. And, he bunted and executed the play perfectly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT