ADVERTISEMENT

Miami series . . .

It boggles the mind how these pitchers have so much trouble throwing strikes. If your arm feels good and you're not fatigued, you should be able to throw the damn baseball over the plate.
It’s a confidence thing. They know they haven’t pitched well. There’s pressure.

Reactions: Bardman
Why do so many of our players look at a third strike? I played a lot of baseball as a kid. Played through HC and a major college team. I was always told to choke up on the bat and swing at anything close to a strike when you have two strikes on you. Don’t let the ump decide for you.
I like this response/comment bdnewton. It is spot on.

GO CARDS!!!

It's becoming hysterical now the shit going against this team. Another replay that goes against the Cards. Another fluke play that goes against the Cards.

The entire team must believe everything's against them. I have to say, it's a monumental task to overcome what appears to be a total collapse of a season. It takes a solid group of players that can lead their team out of this, but unfortunately, this group lacks that.

Totally agree. But, here we are, 5th inning and he’s still on the mound. I hope he has a clean inning and the watches the rest of the game of course, it won’t matter when your teammates can’t hit the ball.

Reactions: nccardfan
We didn’t get the timely hits we needed. Hope we hit the ball better next week in the ACC Tournament.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: Deeva
I'm here fork and knife in hand. I said the Miami series would turn it around. I was wrong.
I do reserve the right to root for these guys until the end.

I'm
I REALLY hope they suddenly catch fire.
I listened to Coach Mac's comments post game yesterday. I was hoping that a series like Miami might do it to the offense. Obviously,that didn't happen.
CM was not conceding the season at all afterwards. He thought that he'd seen life in his defense and pitching. He also said the bats could get going.... I think his words were, " on a dime"
He lamented that the team hasn't played well enough to host a regional and felt bad for the fans,but he was not giving up on his team turning it around next week.
Neither am I.

Reactions: gocds
What else is he supposed to say? We suck and we're looking ahead to 2022?

No matter how you look at it, this season is shot and ACC opponents are getting a lot of payback. It would take a hell of a lot of confidence and improvement in the short time before the ACC tournament.

I just don't see it. A lot of questions will need to be answered before next season.

Oh, I'll grant you it looks bad,but you play until it's actually over,not when you think it's over.

Reactions: gocds
Bottom line, we’ve been spoiled. The season has been disappointing, perplexing, for a variety of reasons. But, off years happen, as unexpected they might be. Some seem to be taking it personally.

Last edited:
I didn't suggest they not play the games, only that some miraculous turnaround is not going to happen. Believe me, it would be awesome if it happened but reality is reality.

I too call for winning two out of three. Obviously did not happen. Not sure what to think at this point1

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT