ADVERTISEMENT

Miami series . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
The upcoming series versus Miami looks to be a pretty even match-up. They’ve had some of the same issues that we’ve had. However with the home field advantage we should be good.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: PHCARD and earsky
What do we expect the rotation to be? With Kirian appearing to return to the bullpen (seems to suit his personality and maybe not having to see guys more than 1x will turn things around for him) given his outing in the 9th yesterday, I would assume we'll see Seed on THU, maybe Lohman on FRI (hoping to return to the form last week against Vandy) and probably a staff day on SAT. With ACC Tournament pool play TUE-FRI of next week (2 games), there's no reason not to run some arms out there on SAT. If they do well, give 'em an inning or 2. If they struggle, quick hook and bring on another.

What do we expect the rotation to be?
Great question. In the back of my mind (especially since I've seen the guy dressed for some time) I've still held out hope that we might get to see Wright....nah.

Going on a limb here. Either Smith or Albanese on Thursday,
Always wanted to see Luke out of the gate on Fridays. Seemed like a natural fit. Wouldn't mind it either if Big 36 trotted out there tomorrow night.

Always wanted to see Luke out of the gate on Fridays. Seemed like a natural fit. Wouldn't mind it either if Big 36 trotted out there tomorrow night.
Who knows maybe he felt he earned the Friday night start since he was the only returner starter? He may have had a chip on his shoulder at the outset of the season.

Reactions: earsky
Going on a limb here. Either Smith or Albanese on Thursday, Seed on Friday and bullpen on Saturday, Lohman.
I’ve asked around, but nothing so far. I think Seed, Smith, Lohman makes the most sense, but that’s just a guess at this point. The fact that we will have three serviceable relievers in Corbett, Kirian, and Elliott will be a nice change.

I took a shot and went to the Miami website to see if they had posted their game notes. Here is who they listed as our starters:
Thursday - Seed
Friday - Poland
Saturday - Kuenhner

Don’t shoot me, just reported what I saw.

I took a shot and went to the Miami website to see if they had posted their game notes. Here is who they listed as our starters:
Thursday - Seed
Friday - Poland
Saturday - Kuenhner

Don’t shoot me, just reported what I saw.
Interesting, nice work!

Interesting, nice work!
Yeah, I am wondering if it is a ACC requirement that you have to provide a likely or probable pitching rotation to your opponent? I would not want to disclose that information unless I had to. Also wonder if we will stick with it? Swapping out one relievers for two more? What’s happened to our starting pitchers?

Yeah, I am wondering if it is a ACC requirement that you have to provide a likely or probable pitching rotation to your opponent? I would not want to disclose that information unless I had to. Also wonder if we will stick with it? Swapping out one relievers for two more? What’s happened to our starting pitchers?
This will be a good move for Kirian. During his last 4 starts, his ERA was 10+ and he is a much better fit in the bullpen. I think the wear and tear on your body as a starting pitching was starting to take a toll on him.

As far as Luke Smith, he did not make it out of the second inning in each of his previous two starts. I think the coaching staff is just looking for more consistency and trying to change things up heading into the postseason.

Have to ask! Are all seats open? Likely not, and to fans w/o mask? If not, WHY!!!! Time to return to life as we have always known it, folks. (No cheating on my opinion here) Kind of a rant but we can handle Miami. Just such a shame fans and players being denied over such political bullsh!t.
That stadium would have a hell of a lot more fans if it was wide ass open. DUH!!!

Last edited:
Let’s do this weekend the Louisville Baseball way. Go Cards!

Let’s go Luke. Stay ahead if these hitters-no walks.
And...not the way you want to start the game.
Two batters - two walks. Shit - how can these guys nit throw strikes. Let’s go!

It boggles the mind how these pitchers have so much trouble throwing strikes. If your arm feels good and you're not fatigued, you should be able to throw the damn baseball over the plate.

Ok - let’s get out of this first inning. Got their two best hitters out - let’s go.

Now he's a strike machine. Seed has been the best pitcher on the team which says a whole lot about the pitching staff.

He reminds me of Tom Glavine who didn't mind getting behind in the count. He used his change up to set up the fastball.

Now if Seed can get past the 5th inning.

Base hits. It is all you need. Good hit from Knapcyck.
Has Masterman made contact with a ball in the last month? I ceel bad for the guy; I also i iw he has looked uninspired at the plate for some time.

Is it is me or...does this group lack mojo. Previous squads scrapped and clawed. Didn’t matter how late in the game or the score - you knew there was always a chance. Not this squad unfortunately. So much potential, but...
And, I fear, they lose tonight - Miami sweeps

Well, once again I'm out here watching what probably is the worst 2 strike hitting team I can remember. It's quite unbelievable watching guys watch strike 3. Even if you guess wrong, put the bat out there and live for the next pitch.

Reactions: rh62531 and Bardman
Exactly. I don’t get why our current DH is in the lineup. No shade on him, but, he is not hitting at all

Reactions: rh62531
What you're seeing are baseball players still stubborn with how they play the game. Despite losing, they still haven't made the adjustments necessary.

Everyone is spoiled at all the winning and everyone expects it will just turn around. Well, it's not and reality is looking at all of us straight in the face.

Barring a miracle this squad will be lucky to hold onto a 3 seed.

Reactions: gocds
Is it is me or...does this group lack mojo. Previous squads scrapped and clawed. Didn’t matter how late in the game or the score - you knew there was always a chance. Not this squad unfortunately. So much potential, but...
And, I fear, they lose tonight - Miami sweeps
I do think when they get behind, they don’t believe they have the pitching to sustain a win. So instead of relaxing and hitting, they’re swinging out of their comfort zones to make something happen

Reactions: Bardman and earsky
I'm not spoiled with winning,only competing. This team is not competing. You're not completely wrong about some of my takes on this team though. Always thought that if they battled,things could turn around.
Fwiw, it's not completely about the W.

No,not all. I think they are at 50-60, but the mask requirement has been relaxed.
They could have had 100,000 unmasked fans and Louisville would have lost tonight. I do not understand how some have to make everything a Trump no-masks, no capacity limits, no vaccine world. Wear your mask and get your shots and the world will be normal.

Reactions: gocds and TerryD44
Why do so many of our players look at a third strike? I played a lot of baseball as a kid. Played through HC and a major college team. I was always told to choke up on the bat and swing at anything close to a strike when you have two strikes on you. Don’t let the ump decide for you.

Reactions: earsky and gocds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT