ADVERTISEMENT

Met Mike Marra Today

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
He was coming out of the Kmart around Hikes Point. I saw this really tall guy wearing UofL gear and looked up at his face and noticed it was Mike. It was brief but I said hi to him and he said it back and that it was nice to meet a fan. We shook hands and I wished him well and he said the same. Well that was the gist of it. I didn't want to hold him up since he was on his way out. He seemed like a really nice guy. It's a shame those knee injuries cut his basketball career short.

Originally posted by cardfaninmemphis:
what is he doing these days?
He works at Lamkin Wealth Management in Louisville. I think Luke Hancock is working there now too.

Originally posted by shadow force:

He works at Lamkin Wealth Management in Louisville. I think Luke Hancock is working there now too.
Nice. That's a legit job; those two must have been pretty sharp students. I thought at one time Marra was interested in becoming a coach. He was on the bench at one point. And I assume Luke is still trying to play overseas.

He was a punching bag for haters but I really think he would have had a nice career had he not been injured. He had a monster game vs Butler as the starting SG when we opened Yum, it's just a shame.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:

He was a punching bag for haters but I really think he would have had a nice career had he not been injured. He had a monster game vs Butler as the starting SG when we opened Yum, it's just a shame.
Unfortunately, he was the poster/whipping boy for Pitino's hyperbole. He's also the reason I cringe whenever Pitino still places a label on a kid before he ever steps foot on campus.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:

Originally posted by shadow force:

Nice. That's a legit job; those two must have been pretty sharp students. I thought at one time Marra was interested in becoming a coach. He was on the bench at one point. And I assume Luke is still trying to play overseas.
Pretty sure Luke has moved on from playing professional basketball. He had some injuries overseas, apparently.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:

Unfortunately, he was the poster/whipping boy for Pitino's hyperbole. He's also the reason I cringe whenever Pitino still places a label on a kid before he ever steps foot on campus.
Yeah its true he took the brunt of haters mostly because of CRP's hyperbole. Also one of Marra's stand out games- to me- was in the Big East Tourney against Marquette when he just did everything- scoring, steals, blocking shots, passing, etc. He was definitely capable of having a big name now and then. He was a solid overall player that just wasn't the sharp shooter everyone was hoping for even though he did other things well.

This post was edited on 4/14 5:14 PM by shadow force

Originally posted by CardX:
Pretty sure Luke has moved on from playing professional basketball. He had some injuries overseas, apparently.
Yeah Luke had an achilles injury while playing pro ball in Greece.

Kid had a nice cerebral game, he could really pass the ball. He could sky too.

He was improving.

Yeah didn't he put on a show in the dunk contest at the derby city game his senior year? Seems like I remember something like that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT