ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Cunningham released

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Well, the love fest over Malik in New England didn't last long. The last article I read about a few weeks ago was saying the undrafted rookie was a steal for the Patriots. Players were praising him.

I guess that changed pretty quick?

Well, the love fest over Malik in New England didn't last long. The last article I read about a few weeks ago was saying the undrafted rookie was a steal for the Patriots. Players were praising him.

I guess that changed pretty quick?
They figured out that once you get past the plays he makes with his legs he’s really bad

Malik and Bailey Zappe were signed to the Patriots practice squad.

Zappe won his first two starts for the Patriots last year with a 70% completion percentage and a 100.6 QB rating.

Sounds like Malik is in good company. Not bad for an undrafted free agent.

Malik and Bailey Zappe were signed to the Patriots practice squad.

Zappe won his first two starts for the Patriots last year with a 70% completion percentage and a 100.6 QB rating.

Sounds like Malik is in good company. Not bad for an undrafted free agent.
My source in NE says the word is the Pats are pursuing Colt McCoy as a backup to Mac . If so, it provides an excellent mentor to Mac, Bailey and Malik. You never know what Bill will do.

Glad to see Malik still in the organization.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Wish Malik the very best, but he was so injury prone in college; I cannot imagine him surviving in the NFL

I learned today a practice squad player gets paid $12K-$20K per week. A good gig if you can get it. I foresee Malik playing many roles. Pats play the Eagles, for example, Malik will be Jalen Hurts in practice. Pats play Miami, he’ll be Tyreek Hill and so on.
Jalen Hurts, yes.........Tyreek, um no!

QB cuts in the NFL seems to be a numbers game when the final cuts happen.
Some teams only keep 2 QB on the active roster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT