ADVERTISEMENT

Making Teammates Better

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Five-Star Poster
Jan 20, 2011
A lost art.

We saw it with Siva. We saw it with Dieng. We saw it with T Will. We saw it with Cisco. We saw it with Padgett. We even saw it with Russ indirectly.

I look at this roster right now, and I think that is something that is truly missing, that we've grown accustomed to seeing in year's past.

I love all our players succeed or fail.

I'm sure everybody on this board used to play or does play. It's fun getting a teammate a shot. I'm just not seeing much of that.

Yes we get some lobs to Harrell where he just uses his gifts to get it done. But some of our other fast breaks guys have their heads down and take it themselves.

In the half court it's just a dribbling around type of thing - the cohesion is just not there. The shot clock runs down, and Rozier has to go rogue, or gets to go rogue, however you view it.

Maybe in time Snider will develop the skill to make his teammates better. He seems to have very good court vision.

I don't mean to pick on anybody. I think Terry wants to play team ball but his shot selection is just so bad the second half of te season. It doesn't help that our centers can't catch.

I don't know. It is what it is.

Originally posted by Ipartiedwithhopgood:

I'm sure everybody on this board used to play or does play. It's fun getting a teammate a shot. I'm just not seeing much of that.

Yes we get some lobs to Harrell where he just uses his gifts to get it done. But some of our other fast breaks guys have their heads down and take it themselves.

In the half court it's just a dribbling around type of thing - the cohesion is just not there. The shot clock runs down, and Rozier has to go rogue, or gets to go rogue, however you view it.

I don't mean to pick on anybody. I think Terry wants to play team ball but his shot selection is just so bad the second half of te season. It doesn't help that our centers can't catch.

I don't know. It is what it is.
I know what you mean. Terry is a really good basketball player and I like the guy, however he has become quite selfish in many of these games. Whether it is a conscious decision, lack of confidence in his teammates, or something else I'm not sure.

Terry is not the only one to blame but he is the most obvious a lot of the time. It is very obvious on fast breaks where Rozier has numbers and refuses to give it up and just ducks his head down and takes the shot himself- with mixed results.

What we lack on this team is Basketball IQ. The guys you mention along with Luke Hancock really understood how the game needs to be played. A lot of our problem is our youth. But what disappoints me is some of our veteran guys like Trez are low Basketball IQ guys. I think Q will be a high IQ guy with experience.

Originally posted by rentalman:

What we lack on this team is Basketball IQ. The guys you mention along with Luke Hancock really understood how the game needs to be played. A lot of our problem is our youth. But what disappoints me is some of our veteran guys like Trez are low Basketball IQ guys. I think Q will be a high IQ guy with experience.
His court vision is outstanding, and he makes good passing decisions most of the time. With that said, right now he takes questionable shots at bad times, hit or miss. If the shot goes in, all is forgiven but when you take a shot at a bad time and it doesn't fall, it can open the flood gates for the other team. He did that yesterday when he took a transition 3. It was a bad time to take the shot due to the momentum swing which was happening at that time. It was a 6 point swing in the wrong direction (a missed 3 which ended up a made 3 at the other end for UNC) and the beginning of the end for the Cards in the game IMO.

He'll learn. He has serious potential to be a star for the Cards, AND the best part is he's from Louisville. Love when the local kids make an impact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT