ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING: Mailbag Answers

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
@UofLAltstadt: How large of a 2023 recruiting class do you see UofL taking this year and what's your guess on numbers for transfers vs HS kids.

I’d say a safe O/U for both HS kids and transfers is 3 each. I’d probably lean 4 high school and 3 transfers, depending on how the scholarship stuff with the NCAA shakes out.

@fouse214: Someone has to ask….what’s the latest on DJ

Things have been pretty quiet with DJ since Peach Jam, and that’s par for the course with him. I lean UK right now, but don’t think it’s done whatsoever and think it’s ignorant to speak in absolutes about this recruitment. Waiting to hear about a potential UL visit.

@mbwood: Do we have a realistic shot at cooper Flagg? I know the staff has been to most of his games lately.

I’d say no. Right now, I lean him going pro overseas or going to Duke, his dream school. It’s very early, though.

@Cardinal Cash: Gut reaction on AJ and Bradshaw? G-League or college? If college where?

I think Louisville is in the thick of things with both. If AJ ends up at Prolific Prep like I expect him to at this time, I think it’ll help Louisville’s chances. Texas, USC, LSU other schools firmly in the mix.

Bradshaw either ends up in the GLeague or at Louisville or Kentucky, but his mind changes a lot so we will see. Louisville has a great relationship with his mom and him taking his time is good for their chances compared to if he announced soon like he was supposed to.

@cardsrock17: Who are our like top 3 major 2024 prospects that we are going after

Elliott Cadeau, Jamari Phillips, Karter Knox, and Rob Wright.

@Shonda97: Your best guess of KPs first class here(2023) and who are the 2024 targets we should be looking for

Best guess would be: one of DJ & AJ, Curtis Williams, Kaleb Glenn, and a big man. 2024 targets listed in the answer above. Some others I’d like to see them go after are Drew McKenna, Tyler McKinley, and Thomas Sorber. Sorber is going to make a jump.

@Jhectus18: what’s the ideal and realistic ‘23 class look like?

If everything worked out and Louisville got their top guys that they have a realistic chance with, the ideal outcome (this isn’t a class prediction) would be:

DJ Wagner
AJ Johnson
Curtis Williams
Kaleb Glenn
Aaron Bradshaw

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News