ADVERTISEMENT

Magnificent 7 My A—

cbinindy

700+
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2001
If Miami, FSU, Va Tech would have have done their job then the ACC would have had the requisite leverage to extract more value from media contracts. UNC, NC State, and UVA are the ACC versions of Mississippi State (SEC) and Indiana (B1G). Clemson is the only the contender in this group of has beens and wannabe”s. College athletics are a s**t show. The money grab that leads to 2 mega conferences devascularizes the rest of college athletics leading to less meaningful content for networks to market. Where the f#$k is Nebraska? Mizzou? Where will UCLA and USC be? Oklahoma? Texas? I’ll tell you. UCLA and USC will be suckling at the teet of Michigan and Ohio State and Oklahoma and Texas will be sucking at the teet of the traditional SEC powers. The SEC and B1G are eliminating competition. It’s a hostile takeover and the eggheads piloting the PAC 12, ACC, and Big 12 are too stupid to get it. The money will run out. How will it feel when a traditional power figures out it has been marginalized to the point of not mattering. Nebraska is the litmus test. How does the money feel when you just don’t matter Nebraska fans? I can only vomit when someone refers to NC State and UVA and Magnificent., I subscribe more to the title of Magnificisn’t 7. Fiesta Bowl Champion, Orange Bowl Champion, Sugar Bowl Champion. 3 National Championships in Basketball, 10 final fours, 5 college World Series, 4 women’s final fours. That is who we are. There should be someone in our athletic department with enough BDE to communicate these facts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News