ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs. Notre Dame game thread

Wayne looks into the game and playing well. Our transition defense continues to give up multiple run out baskets.

Just one thing: what's up with all the ole defense around the rim?

Good news: we're shooting 48% and scored 31 points
Bad news: we're giving up 42 points on 58% shooting.

Getting our hats handed to us on both ends. Listening to Rick before the game I could tell he hates the matchup for this particular team and I can see why. We are constantly getting beat off the dribble and the help seems to be always late getting over. On offense they are keeping our guards out of the paint and challenging every pass. Not to mention that the Irish have been great in transition both on defense and offense. Gotta give ND credit.

Well, we have the right coach in our corner so lets get this thing going in the 2nd half.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:
Good news: we're shooting 48% and scored 31 points
Bad news: we're giving up 42 points on 58% shooting.
Notre Dame is a terrific offensive basketball team, and it's pretty obvious they're not a terrific defensive basketball team.

UofL on the other hand is not playing great defense either and I don't know why. I don't get it. If they don't come out fired up ready to play defense AND take care of the ball, we're going to lose by 30.

Originally posted by earsky:
Rozier's having a Russ moment...
Something is wrong with Rozier. Don't know if it's mental or physical, but his shot, and sometimes his basketball IQ, hasn't been up to his usual standard for a while now.

Something is wrong with Rozier. Don't know if it's mental or physical, but his shot, and sometimes his basketball IQ, hasn't been up to his usual standard for a while now.
Jmho,but it's been that way since Rick decided to announce that he was gone.Don't pound me CP protectors.Wrong or right,the timing can probably be traced back to those comments.

Ever since Jones missed that first game, Terry has struggled. I think with all the NBA talk and his need to show he can play the point has led to this. This team's problem all year however has been in the post. We played three centers tonight, all 6'10 and over, and they let a freshman who comes off the bench look like a all-american. Those three big men committed 11 fouls. It was not like Okafor was out there for the Irish.

This season is over. Yes, we may win a game in the ACC and NCAA tournament but I won't be surprised if we go out on a four game losing streak. Normally, I wouldn't be too upset because we've had a awesome run and you're not always going to have a great season. With the kind of adversity we've had this season, it should only help the team next season. However, there's not a lot of hope for 2016 with all the best players leaving. Even if Terry stays which to me should be a no brainer, we have to get someone at the post to be a threat. With Harrell leaving, our entire front court looks to be a disaster.

Oh well, there is football and it won't be long when Pitino will have us back there again vying for a national championship.

Yeah,but the shooting slump pre-dates all of the Jones stuff.He's shooting about 30% over the last 5 weeks or so.It's basically trying to get shots out of the flow of the offense,on his own.There have been a lot of bad shots.

Yeah,but the shooting slump pre-dates all of the Jones stuff.He's shooting about 30% over the last 5 weeks or so.It's basically trying to get shots out of the flow of the offense,on his own.There have been a lot of bad shots.
I agree. He was getting away with it more when Jones was out there but I really believe he has been playing for the NBA and not the team. It may even be something he doesn't realize because he's a great kid, but too many people are pushing him somewhere he just isn't ready to go. I bet if he came out and said he was coming back, you would see a different player on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT